Discussion Board

Exclamation Portable Client Library - MessageContractAttribute isWrapped not defined

I am attempting to use Microsoft's Portable Library Tools, to create a common "Portable" project that can be used by both a Windows Phone and Windows Store application.
    I've run into trouble with adding a Service Reference to a 3rd party WebService to the portable project. It seems that the Portable Class Library does not support the isWrapped attribute of the MessageContractAttribute class, e.g. if I create the client Stubs directly in a Windows Phone application, the stub looks like this:

[System.ServiceModel.MessageContractAttribute(IsWrapped=false)]
    public partial class ServiceRequest1 {

But in my Portable project, it looks like this, missing the IsWrapped property setting:

[System.ServiceModel.MessageContractAttribute()]
    public partial class ServiceRequest1 {

It seems it can't be set manually either, it just isn't available / undefined. The result is, my Web Service SOAP request has an unwanted wrapper tags around it, causing the server to respond with a malformed request error message.
    I'm wondering are there any known workarounds for this? Is there any other way to switch the wrapper off, or does anyone know why the IsWrapped property is not available?
    It would be great if I could get this to work.
    Thanks.

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Portable Client Library - MessageContractAttribute isWrapped not defined

Hi chintan1891

I have This working on a Portable Class Library targeting Windows Store and Windows Phone 8 apps... what your PCL targets are? Maybe if you are targeting Windows Phone 7 IsWrapped is not Supported, since Windows Phone 7.0 used Silverlight 3. If you target Windows Phone 7.1 it likely be Supported.

Hope This help!

Quote Originally Posted by josueyeray View Post
    Hi chintan1891

I have This working on a Portable Class Library targeting Windows Store and Windows Phone 8 apps... what your PCL targets are? Maybe if you are targeting Windows Phone 7 IsWrapped is not Supported, since Windows Phone 7.0 used Silverlight 3. If you target Windows Phone 7.1 it likely be Supported.

Hope This help!
    Hi,
    I need a portable class library which should work in Windows Phone 7.5 & Windows Store app. And IsWrapped property is not available in that Portable Class Library.
    So can you help me in any alternative solution?

Nokia Developer Champion

Can you post a complete class so we can test it?

EDIT:

I see you got a semi-official confirmation here...
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...c-31d738d6b89e

Is there any way to remove the wrapping before the data is sent?
    Last edited by theothernt; 2013-04-04 at 14:58.

Yes, IsWrapped property is not available in Portable Class library, so i am finding its work around.
    I didn't know how to remove wrapper before data is send because the wrapper is added on data in "Reference.cs" which was automatically generated when i had added web service reference.