Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

How to show a background image for few secs after a user click on my application icon

How to show a background image for few secs after a user click on my application icon using Web Tools i.e Nokia WDE

what should I write in config.xml ?

where should I write the code for background image.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: How to show a background image for few secs after a user click on my application

Quote Originally Posted by SKUMAR View Post
    How to show a background image for few secs after a user click on my application icon using Web Tools i.e Nokia WDE

what should I write in config.xml ?

where should I write the code for background image.
    If you are talking about the splashscreen, S40 Web Apps have a default splashscreen. You cannot over-ride the default splash screen, not as of now.
    Pankaj Nathani
    www.croozeus.com

Re: How to show a background image for few secs after a user click on my application

Would it be acceptable to have a splash screen after the default loading splash screen?

You could accomplish this by embedding an img into a DIV and setting a timer up to display the image for a number of seconds.

Super Contributor

Hi grift as iam new to it. Can u please help me with the code for background image.

I've uploaded a quick example to give you an idea how this can be done.

http://db.tt/nTOjVvup

Regular Contributor

Thank you grift very much for the support given. I have succesfully implemnted the splash image in my web app.

Delighted I could help!

I should probably update the Wiki as well since at least 2 people found this useful.

Super Contributor

same way How to show a image when clickked on the channel image i.e suppose I have my TV channel images parsed from the xml for a Live TV web app.

I want to showa background image after clicking on the channel image before showing the web browser or without showing the web browser to the users.

I have Private messaged you also.

I'll try and have a look at your issue later.

Regular Contributor

Thank you grift for your quick reply

And how about now- October 2013? May I over-ride it on Nokia Asha or S40 Web Apps?