Discussion Board

Hybrid View

Regular Contributor

NAX for S40 WebApp - "Hidden" option to get paid?

Hi,

I added the NAX library to my MinesFinder S40 WebApp, added the container, set all options, tested it and everything worked fine. Next I re-published it to the Nokia Store and it took only a few days to get approved.
    It is now for a week in the appstore. I didn't changed the in-build version number, so all users should get served the new version with ads without any re-installing. And still, I have 0 (ZERO) ad impressions within the last week. Over 10.000 people have the app installed. I would say at least one should have opened it...

So I checked the source file "nax_ads.js" and what do I find there? Above the //public part where I have to enter my divID and appID, in the function buildRequestString() the code is:

Code:
    var params = {
    				"po":  	551,
    				"test": "true",
    				[...]
    Does this mean I should have had checked this private function and change a variable other than those marked as "//must" and other than those in the public part under parameters to actually get paid for showing these ads? I'm feeling seriously betrayed and am very angry.

Please answer, I want to get this straight.

Re: NAX for S40 WebApp - "Hidden" option to get paid?

I doubt Nokia are deliberately re-writing your app to exclude adverts. I have included ads in an app of mine in the last few weeks, so it's not a problem at their end. I think it's more likely that the mistake is at your end. My bet is that you aren't including your ads properly and when your Javascript is going to the Nokia proxy server it's being excluded from the server compiled code because it isn't being included.

Have you included the inneractive Javascript file in your HTML?

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="http://cdn2.inner-active.mobi/wv-js/inneractive_nokia_S40.js"></script>

In the div that contains your adverts, has it got the same id has what you're passing into your Javascript params?

<div id="inneractiveBanner"></div>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    //Mandatory parameters
    inneractive.parameters.divID = "inneractiveBanner";
    inneractive.parameters.appID = "MyCompany_MyApp";
    </script>

Are you calling display function on your ads? If you've name your div anything other than inneractive, you'll have to change the reference object of course.

inneractive.displayInneractiveAd();

Regular Contributor

The problem is not that no ads are shown, the problem is that they don't count, because withing the buildRequestString() function there is params['test'] set 'true'. With no notion that you have to change this.
    If you don't check the source code you won't find this.

Check the source code of http://cdn2.inner-active.mobi/wv-js/...e_nokia_S40.js, the way you describe implementing it, it also builds the request String with the parameter "test" set to true.

This sounds very strange to me.

Hi Lorion,

I should not have questioned you. It appears that I have had the same issues as you for the last few days (even though I know people are using the app, nothing is showing up on analytic's even though it all worked perfectly before).

Is anyone else seeing issues with NAX?

Nobody is replying to e-mail's at Inneractive and no one has answered our questions here.

I have decided I am going to pull NAX from the one app I have it included in. Very disappointing.

Inneractive is a company that will give Nokia a very bad name. Every mobile network with an apps store need content for its store to make it interesting for the consumers to browse the vast choices. As developers we make that happen. I now have over 70,000 downloads and the dashboard still says $0.00 When you contact Nokia support they direct you back to Inneractive-which is a complete waste of time and they know it.How can you have 10,000 downloads of apps in under 14 days and still not make a single penny???? We have lots of apps on Googleplay,Amazon,Blackberry and Samsung stores and believe me this service from Inneractive is a complete FRAUD!!! Anybody out there that has big dreams and Ideas of making money with Inneractive...please forget it you will never.
    the funny thing is that on the promotional video for the Nokia ad exchange the chap who checks his earnings has $16,000 and I carefully studied the stats by playing it back several times. then challenged Inneractive as to how this guy could have $16,000 with those kind of figures with the amount I was getting paid per click because it just did not make any sense...and guess what??? My dashboard has been $0.00 ever since. Then you look carefully at the same video and someone else has made $28 about 1,000 clicks or so I would need 30,00 or more to even think of achieving that-They say at the end that the figures in the video are "simulated".
    Inneractive will give you empty promises because they want to be able to claim in their advertising campaign that they have over 1 million developers they serve their ads to.....but who is actually making any money from them.If anyone has made any decent money from them please put your hand up.

Today we check our inneractive account and found that was made about 541 clicks = about 7,88 $ (Net revenues). Used SDK for S60 version. Any ideas, this is really can be?
    Last edited by sellaite; 2013-04-26 at 07:00.

Regular Contributor

I found out that one reason why my ads are not shown is because my app was high jacked by another developer. Strange story.

The thing withe test parameter is still nit cleared.

Quote Originally Posted by lorion84 View Post
    I found out that one reason why my ads are not shown is because my app was high jacked by another developer. Strange story.

The thing withe test parameter is still nit cleared.
    Hijacked? Wow - how did that happened?

Regular Contributor

There was a game, Mines Play, which was exactly my app http://store.ovi.com/content/299489 - MinesFinder. Which is okay, because I released the code as open source. But I the "developer" who re-released didn't even changed the Unique ID (at least this is my guess). When someone had downloaded my app, his app opened... And so, no one could see my ads.

I informed Nokia, until now no ads were displayed, but Mines Play was removed from the store.

Hi all,

My name is Noga and i'm the Marketing Manager at Inneractive.

I understand that you are encountering severe problems related to reporting and revenue generation.
    I would like to bring to your attention that both Inneractive and the NAX team take this issue very seriously. Our systems are undergoing major changes in order to provide best in class support for our Nokia publishers. As you can tell, there are some bumps on the way but eventually we guarantee that you will be happy clients and we will do our best to assure that happens as quickly as possible.

Our R&D headquarters are working on fixing those specific problems you encounter and hope the deliver a resolution as soon as possible.

Once this issue will be fixed, i'll post it here for your convenience.

Have a great day,

Noga Peer-Eli, Marketing Manager