Discussion Board

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Testing Enabled Trusted Certificated Status in an S40 device

Quote Originally Posted by traud View Post
    For Internet access, you are able to remove that dialogue, when you sign your MIDlet and change the permission setting manually. Even without hacking. However, every user of yours has to do these steps themselves.
    Right, well you can assume most users wouldn't be so educated about these kinds of features.
    Most users would try to find to disable it via the options in the application or game if they decide to go back. That's IF they decide they want to go back.

Most of them would not come back and just uninstall your application.
    The most important time you really want those analytics on is when your first time user trying to use your application and figure out where and what did they do within the app before deciding to quit and uninstall.

I have seen kids giving permission beforehand. Anyway, you know the alternatives now for sure. Up to you, how you decide.

Right, but I am talking for the overall majority, which I doubt is just kids. (Unless there is some demographics I do not know about S40 Touch & Type that I am not aware of)

Most people would just want to download it to try the game to see if they like it or not. Usually, most wouldn't bother reading any manuals or fiddling around with options, they would just jump into the game immediately. Removing the message would be one less point of friction for the user. So, if they really want to shut it down, they would simply go into the options and turn it off.

And Nokia has the opinion – which I do not share –, there is no problem – otherwise they would have changed that behaviour or user interface.

Alright, well, I will give it a shot in the next update.

Just that the system is somewhat a bit antiquated, since smartphones either ask once during the lifetime of the application or when you download it, you accept the terms.

If there is a sign trouble where people find this annoying, I will just revert it back to what it was originally.