Discussion Board

Push Registry - Port Issue

I'm a beginner in mobile app development. I have created an application to send SMS from one phone to another which uses Push Registry. I have tested the app in few phones which was working well.

Recently, when I run the app with Nokia 2700, It was working for the first time. From the second time (after I delete and install the same again), it is throwing me NULL pointer exception. After few attempts, I understood that I am not able to access the PORT. So, I configured the app with different port. Even now, the app is running for the first time but not working from the 2nd time. I'm establishing dynamic connection.

I don't find any mechanism to unregister the connection since I wanted the push registry to listen for incoming messages always.

Can anybody help me with the solution?

Thanks

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Push Registry - Port Issue

It may be a good idea checking what PushRegistry.listConnections says. Perhaps the registration survived re-installation due to some bug.
    According to http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...lication-error, Push Registry of the 2700 may not be a bulletproof thing in general.

These devices get confused quite easily when you install your MIDlet not via Internet but via Bluetooth. Therefore, I would do a full reset and install the MIDlet via Internet.

I tried the thing, what are all mentioned in that link. But that works only for Nokia s60 series, not for s40 series(2700). Help me to solve the port issue in nokia 2700.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    It may be a good idea checking what PushRegistry.listConnections says. Perhaps the registration survived re-installation due to some bug.
    According to http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...lication-error, Push Registry of the 2700 may not be a bulletproof thing in general.

Have you tried a software reset via the Settings?

Yes I tried the restore factory setting option. after that also these port conflict occuring. Kindly help me.
    Quote Originally Posted by traud View Post
    Have you tried a software reset via the Settings?

Never had that issue port myself, yet. Perhaps because I use dynamic registrations. If you done the reset several times in a row (twice or three times are sufficient) and you still get that error, then you have a problem. Double-reset is a deep-reset in Series 40. Unfortunately, I noticed myself, this is still not a refurbish. Refurbish is the official Nokia term. The next step would be going for NaviFirm+ and a cracked Nokia Phoenix software. Then you can use any USB cable and you do not need a hardware support-dongle. With that you are able to do a refurbish. Beside that, you are able to flash to different country variants with different language input methods.

The alternative to this is to bring your Nokia to a local Nokia Care point. In parallel, I would open a technical support case so this gets resolved finally. For the future, I would install the MIDlet via Internet rather than Bluetooth. To my knowledge, this prevents this issue from happening again.
    Last edited by traud; 2013-04-23 at 11:52.