Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Java Applications issue in belle

I need a solution for this problem. I hope only the Nokia developers team can help in solving this.Already i posted it in support forum But no reply from anyone There. So am posting my problem here.Pls help me to Solve this.Java Applications automatically close While using. I dont know Whats the problem Exactly is.i tried many Jar Applications and it happens the Same every time i use it close automatically after few mins.my mobile os is symbian belle.i Saw many belle users having the Same problem.kindly provide solution to it.Thank you.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Java Applications issue in belle

Welcome to the Nokia Developer discussion board, as this DiBo concentrates on development related issues, you might find more end-user problems related Dibo better suited for your query. Here's link for one: http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/

additionally, you could contact the develoeprs of the Applications behaving badly, and ask for them to fix the apps. Basically if application is crashing, it is most likely the application that does something wrong, and we here can not really be on help on those issues.

Thank you for the reply. But it happens with every Jar Applications.How can it be the problem of developers of those Applications? Its definitely the problem in the mobiles Java part.Another user also complained abt it in support discussion for the Same issue. But he Too got no replies.the Same Jar applications working Very Good in other mobiles.

Super Contributor

Just because a Java app works on one model of handset, does not mean it will work on another. You should ensure that the developer says it has been tested on works on your model. The major game publishers, for example, have large teams of developers and testers, producing many different versions of each product to suit different models of handset, and testing on hundreds of different models to ensure compatibility.

Anyhow... we cannot help you, I'm afraid. We may be able to help the developer of the app you are trying to use to get the app working on Belle, but we can really only help developers. And the only person who can help you is the developer of the application.

Graham.

Ok Thank you atleast i got some response here than from the support discussion.

Super Contributor

What you can try is to reformat the phone (which will delete all your data, so use the PC/Nokia Suite first to make full backup), and see if you can, after reformatting, install Java apps (compatible with your phone model) successfully.

Use also PC/Nokia Suite to see if there are firmware updates for your phone.

I did reformatting But it dint help.not even a single Jar file work properly it crashes and off in between.the software is up-to-date.i tried Both soft reset and hard reset. It dint help to Solve the issue...Thank you for giving me some tips to Solve.

By the way, here is you other thread. Does it happen while starting the MIDlet? Or does it happen when entering text as mentioned on your other thread at Nokia Discussions?

The first would be very surprising because Belle Refresh is no problem here. I too would suggest to use the hard-reset code *#7370# or even the reset-startup-combination (camera+lower volume+menu while turning on) to bring your device back to factory values. If that does not help, the next step would be contacting the programmers of that MIDlets and ask them to do an on-device debugging. It should give very much detail of that issue. But rest assured, your observations are not normal Nokia Belle Refresh behaviour.

Ya Its the other thread i started But no response thr. So i posted it again here so that the developers can give some tips to Solve it.the Jar Applications close While texting.if it happens with only one Jar app i can say Its problem in the application.But it happens with every Jar Applications.How can i able to Contact every creator of that Applications and tell Them to Solve the issue? I tried Both hard reset and soft reset But it dint help.

Okay, it is about entering text. Here is your other thread, giving this detail. That is important because your initial questioned sounded like: When I start a Java MIDlet it crsahes immediately. However, in your case: When I enter text in a Java MIDlet, then it crashes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandhyaa View Post
    I posted it again here so that the developers can give some tips to Solve it.
    We cannot help, because we do not know which apps (Java MIDlets) you are using. We would need that, first. For example, the mentioned app MXit Lifestyle identifies the Nokia 500 as Nokia Series 40 device, although it is a Nokia Symbian device. First, you should try the variant for the Nokia N8. Additionally, you should click on ‘If installation fails, click here.’, because that gives you the signed variant.

Already two bugs, the author of that app should look into. I haven’t looked at the mentioned Galaxy.

Even if we would know the app, we do not know which text input control the authors of those apps are using. If you contact your providers, their developers are able to file bug reports to Nokia.

If you really want to play around yourself, play around with Nokia-MIDlet-On-Screen-Keypad in the JAD file of each app.

Thank you traud. I complained to the application developers. Hope they ll Solve the issues soon.editing the manifest file dint work.it just keeps off While posting the text.cant able to figure Out Whats the problem Exactly.

If they do not care, give me/us a lit of MIDlet which show this behaviour. Perhaps, I find the time to look into it.

http://avacschat.in/index.xhtml
    the Jar version.i think all the Jar Applications that is interactive have the problem. I tried using the talkonaut Jar version Too it closed While texting.

Super Contributor

I tried this on two Belle devices, and was able to sign in and send messages.

Ya for few mins it ll work When you use it continuously in a crowded user rooms it closes in the middle i experience minimum 10times per 5mins in a crowded Room and my mobile is Nokia 500 with symbian belle refresh.i dont know Whats the problem