Discussion Board

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Java Applications issue in belle

That is important information. We (developers) need as much circumstances as you can give. I know this is difficult for us end-users, as it seems so obvious. However, for those developers with many many topics on their desk, it is important to track and narrow down your circumstances as much as possible. Therefore, I would update my posts on Nokia Discussions with that informations:
    Nokia 500, Belle Refresh, hard reset done
    Java MIDlet with a lot of text input (like x, y, z) close after around x minutes.
    The last step I did was entering text / looking at text?
    … and so on. Again, I was not able to reproduce it here on my Nokia Belle Refresh.

Thank you traud.i hope this problem will be solved soon.it seems i am doing a research on all Jar interactive Applications on Nokia 500.i tried one more application of the Same kind like avacs and talkonaut to check whether Its working,it also closed While texting.i tried Bombusmod in Nokia 500 it also closed itself after few mins While i text.no installation or opening problem.the problem is While posting the text.What kind of problem is this?i played some Jar games in my mobile.it worked well till i complete.Why not the interactive Applications working?

Nokia Developer Champion

As stated, one of the authors has to do a on-device-debugging. This will reveal the problematic API call within seconds. If the author does not have a Nokia 500, he should try Nokia Remote Access.

All I can do, is a wild guess: Because these MIDlets do not use much than drawing text, it looks like a connectivity issue with the Internet. Does the same happen via Wi-Fi or only via GSM/UMTS?

No connectivity issue.i have checked that.i wish Nokia Should bring a Small update to Solve some issues in Nokia 500.many complaints in this mobile even after updated to belle refresh.now this Jar Applications issues Too included in complaint List.
    I have complained abt the issue in avacs chat application to the Admin of the avacs.But he replied as follows:
    "Yes i know this issue, we dont know the root reason and cannot fix it.I think it is bug in Nokia Software.May be Nokian staff will know How to Solve it.But i dont know..this bug present in one os only.they will redirect me to Phone testing store for test it"
    Last edited by Sandhyaa; 2013-04-28 at 18:00.

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Sandhyaa View Post
    we dont know the root reason and cannot fix it
    He could do a on-device debugging and find at least the exception/error stack. Furthermore, we would know the method which causes this. Furthermore, here we are no Nokia staff. This is a public community support platform. It does not help to rant – we can only solve concrete problems. If the information is so few, we need a way to reproduce it. To sum up: This comment is not useful nor constructive.

Nokia Developer Champion

I guess, this is related …
    That is a bug in the Nokia firmware. You have to ask the app developer to apply my workaround and/or test a Symbian Belle device.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12