Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

D211 driver with no application

Dear D211 support team,

Is it possible to use the D211 card and uninstall the Manager? I work on an application that connects to the D211 com port and while sending SMSs, I cannot get notifications from the card (eg. return code CMS 301 card still in data mode or incoming message notification)

Best regards,
    Mihai P.

Regular Contributor
    Hello Micael,

Could you provide your contact info (email add).

Best Regards,

Nokia D211 Support

Hello

Dear support team,

Please find my e-mail address bellow:

mihai.patru.!.@.!.vavel.com.cy (scrambled)

Thank you for your support!

Regards,
    Mihai P.

\\|//
    (o o)
    --oOOo-(_)-oOOo--------------------------------------------------

I have the same probl¨¨me

Was this solved?

If so could someone please email me the solution ASAP Please :-)

I'm trying to obtain JUST the Drivers for the D211, without the receiving SMS app as it intercepts receiving SMS before our app can grab it.

admin@admtv.com

I'm interested in receiving sms message via AT commands too (before the nokia application does that).

My email address is lkussy@arbor-audio.com

Please mail me the solution too..

Dear Support team
    Even i would like to know the solution
    Can u please email to development@meritsystems.com

Regards

Regular Contributor
    Hello,

Please contact us only if you are planning to develop an application based on Nokia D211 and need a licence to for the drivers in order to be able to sell your solution.

There is no solution available for reading SMS with AT commands. Nokia D211 process always receives all SMS's and stores them into a file named storage.sms. That's why you can't use AT commands for SMS messages. Please see also other related discussion in this forum for more information.

Best Regards,

Nokia D211 Support

Nokia D211 Support

> Please contact us only if you are planning to develop an application based on Nokia D211 and need a licence to for the drivers in order to be able to sell your solution.

I have developed an application based on the Nokia D211 and would like to enquire about access to the driver for (i) commercial distribution with my product; (ii) porting to Solaris; and, most importantly, (iii) accessing the card either with AT commands, or otherwise being able to control the device without using the SDK, which introduces HUGE overhead to my product.

> There is no solution available for reading SMS with AT commands.

Surely not. Why is Nokia placing this restriction on this product? This seems quite ludicrous.

> Nokia D211 process always receives all SMS's and stores them into a file named storage.sms.

This does not happen on Linux? Why can't I access the modem with AT commands on Linux?

I would appreciate being contacted regarding access to the drivers ASAP.

My email address is:

manta-nokia [at] remora [dot] com [dot] au

Regular Contributor
    Dear Niveus

The reason that some AT commands are not supported and Nokia D211 drivers are always needed to operate the card is the architecture of the card. There are both WLAN and GSM/GPRS radios present which prevents the usage in generic modem mode. Therefore the SDK is the only feasible development interface.

If you think this does not prevent the development work and you still would like to have the licence for Nokia D211 drivers for commercial distribution please let us know.

Best Regards,

Nokia D211 Support

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I would like to obtain permission to distribute the drivers commercially, regardless of the apparent limitations of the card. I have invested much time and effort enabling our application to use this device, and I am using the SDK to create simple command line utilities for dumping and sending messages through the IPC layer.

I would also like to be kept informed (if possible) regarding any advancement in the driver capability with this device, especially if there are any intentions to provide a modem only driver, as I don't use any of the WLAN capabilities at all.

Thank you for your time.

You can contact me directly if you wish at:

manta-nokia [at] remora [dot] com [dot] au

D211 Driver License

Hello,

Could someone at Nokia please contact me to discuss licensing the D211 drivers? I would like to access the card without the software interface.

Thank you,
    Mike Ananny

ananny@media.mit.edu

D211 drivers without SMS application

I am also developing an SMS application and facing the same problem where the SMS application provided with the drivers is intercepting the incoming SMS and I am not able to access them.

My email address is shubhrakant@booksuniversity.org

Please help.

=Shubhrakant Shadangi

SMS from VB - same problem

Hello,
    I am a student and my semester project is to recieve/send sms through the nokiaD211. The SDK provides an C example, but I have to do it in Visual Basic and Java.

So I have the same problem with the already installed software. Is there any help - perhaps from the great Nokia Supporters?

Would be of surviving importance ...
    (e-mail: michael.wihan@fh-joanneum.at)

i too am developing an app that should respond to recieved smses, but the Nokia SMS app is intercepting all the new messages

this is not for a commercial product per se, but for a system we use in selling a service (so i'm not sure how this would affect the liscencing)

could i be sent the info on this too?
    karl [at] adwalker [dot] com

cheers
    -karl