Discussion Board

Hybrid View

Question NFC - Windows Phone 8 - Lumia & HTC

Hi,

I have tap+send setting "on" all the time in the phone. I am using NFC communication to send few messages between two Nokia Lumia 920/820. But after few trials it just stopped working, even when the devices are in proximity of each other , NFC channel wont be able to create ( as the NFC tap sound won't come ) and messages won't be received. To overcome this issue I need to restart both the devices then only it again starts working.

I have faced the same problem with HTC 8x also. Is this the platform issue?

Or is it something related to device energy getting consumed since I have kept the tap+send setting to "on" all the time?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: NFC - Windows Phone 8 - Lumia & HTC

Quote Originally Posted by Departed View Post
    Hi,

I have tap+send setting "on" all the time in the phone. I am using NFC communication to send few messages between two Nokia Lumia 920/820. But after few trials it just stopped working, even when the devices are in proximity of each other , NFC channel wont be able to create ( as the NFC tap sound won't come ) and messages won't be received. To overcome this issue I need to restart both the devices then only it again starts working.

I have faced the same problem with HTC 8x also. Is this the platform issue?

Or is it something related to device energy getting consumed since I have kept the tap+send setting to "on" all the time?

I have a Lumia 920 and a Lumia 820 and tried to replicate your issue but could not.

Can you check if the problem may be related with the Battery Safe mode? When you enter Battery Safe mode the system will turn off all non-essential stuff and I'm wondering if thats not the case you are experiencing.

EDIT: Can you also let us know what app are you using if any?

Regular Contributor

Re: NFC - Windows Phone 8 - Lumia & HTC

Assuming you self-coded the communication I propose you check if you call the appropiate StopXXXMessage() calls (i.e. StopPublishingMessage() for the sender and StopSubscribingForMessage() in the Reader).

HTH
    Thomas