Discussion Board

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Regular Contributor

Re: Image.createImage(byte[] bytes, int offset, int len) does not works

Quote Originally Posted by grift View Post
    Had a look, and have had as little luck as you have had. Is there any reason why you can't just use LCDUI instead of LWUIT? If you must use LWUIT, can you not just create the image by passing down the path of the image instead?
    Code:
    Image imgLogo = Image.createImage("/logo.png");
    Having said that, there should be no reason why the code you have doesn't work, especially considering it works perfectly for LCDUI.
    Ah, you got stuck as i had. I can create image with just passing down the path of the image. But my focus here, I am trying to create image from byte array. It is more efficiency for resource used. I can't used LCDUI it because i have to refactored all of my code that based on LWUIT framework. So, Is this a LWUIT bug on Image.createImage with byte array..?. Because it works perfectly with LCDUI.

Quote Originally Posted by muhamad.iqbal View Post
    Ah, you got stuck as i had. I can create image with just passing down the path of the image. But my focus here, I am trying to create image from byte array. It is more efficiency for resource used. I can't used LCDUI it because i have to refactored all of my code that based on LWUIT framework. So, Is this a LWUIT bug on Image.createImage with byte array..?. Because it works perfectly with LCDUI.
    It could be a bug - I certainly don't see how your code could be wrong, both LWUIT and LCDUI implementations of createImage() have the same method signature. I would suggest that you raise a defect ticket with the LWUIT project at the following location. For now, I would suggest you use the path, I can't imagine that it is much more heavyweight than loading the image into a byte array (if at all).

Regular Contributor

Ok, i already put as the defect ticket. For now, i use path for create image while i am trying to fixed the bug or waiting lwuit developers to fixed that bug..?

Thank You, Grift

Nokia Developer Moderator

Could you check if the example https://www.developer.nokia.com/info...IT_RLinks.html produces the same behaviour? Theoretically it uses the same method for decoding images (see line 92 of https://projects.developer.nokia.com...12ad8b60262796).

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    Could you check if the example https://www.developer.nokia.com/info...IT_RLinks.html produces the same behaviour? Theoretically it uses the same method for decoding images (see line 92 of https://projects.developer.nokia.com...12ad8b60262796).
    Ok, wizard_hu i will check it.