Discussion Board

Changes to symbian signed service

Hello,
    I received today the email concerning the changes to symbian signed service, but it's not clear to me if it will be still possible to obtain a developer cert for 17 caps and how... ? Any clues?
    Thank you,
    br
    pg

Re: Changes to symbian signed service

Got an answer from symbian signed support: yes :-)
    br,
    pg

Regular Contributor

So please share the answer.I do hope now we only have to pay for the test house only.I already have a symbiansigned account that left idle due to the expensive publisher id and test house fees.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by babylongreece View Post
    So please share the answer.I do hope now we only have to pay for the test house only.I already have a symbiansigned account that left idle due to the expensive publisher id and test house fees.
    You could read the FAQ: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...Symbian_Signed

Basically, its about being verified, so if you have verified account, it will continue being so. if it is not, then it will also continue being so. And if you wish to continue development, now would be good time to get the account verified indeed. Ans as said in the FAQ, any account specific questions should be handled through the email provided.

The answer was "yes" as already stated.
    In particular, as extracted from FAQ and confirmed by them (Symbian Signed team):
    1. if you have an already verified account, then the verification will be extended (so that you can have a DevCert with 17 caps)
    2. if a new account is created after July 1st 2013, then verification will be asked by sending email, and judged case by case (when request accepted and account verified, you will be able to create DevCert with 17 caps)
    That's what I was investigating, for every other cases/doubts maybe is better to ask them directly.

br

Does symbian still use today for future mobile to be developed by nokia? Sorry for this question, I'm just curious or should I say I am not updated for today happening.
    i am here

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jamville View Post
    Does symbian still use today for future mobile to be developed by nokia? Sorry for this question, I'm just curious or should I say I am not updated for today happening.
    Its been a while since Nokia released their last Symbian Device and there might not be any more to come from Nokia's kitty anymore.

Super Contributor

Right, the last Symbian based device was the Nokia 808 PureView, and there will be no more.