Discussion Board

Question Question about Signing QTApplication not for OVI Store

Hi,
    I'm developing a Qt-application and using the Developers Certificate for test purposes, cause my application cannot be selfsigned.
    Now i'm at finish point and my application need to be signed that i can install it on a big amount of customers devices, so i dont want to put it in ovi store. I need to install Qtapplication myself, cause i have to make some configurations to other parts of the system myself.
    If i understood correctly i need an Express Signing, must get first an Publisher account(1 euro registration?), and need to buy a PublisherID (which costs 200$), BUT after reading Symbian Signed Guide http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...Symbian_Signed i got a little bit confused about "all accounts getting one", and stopping using the PublisherID.
    What should i do if i now want to sign my application to install it on different and MANY customers deivces myself?
    1)Is it still nessary to buy an PublisherID or i need just to get an Publisher Account to Sign my Application?
    2)How exactly will look everything, after july 2013, are there some other kinds of costs for signing application not for Ovi store, instead of PublisherID-year-costs?

I just would like to know everything exactly before i register our company.
    Thank you in advance
    (sorry for my english)

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Question about Signing QTApplication not for OVI Store

The changes coming on July 1st are summarized at;: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...Symbian_Signed

meanwhile I suppose things are working as they have been.

Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    The changes coming on July 1st are summarized at;: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...Symbian_Signed

meanwhile I suppose things are working as they have been.
    But it is incomplete.What i need to do if the app required symbiansigned capabilities and what about manufacture capabilities.They still need to give more info to prevent confusion.

Nokia Developer Expert

Quote Originally Posted by babylongreece View Post
    But it is incomplete.What i need to do if the app required symbiansigned capabilities and what about manufacture capabilities.They still need to give more info to prevent confusion.
    You might want to ask your specific questions in other thread, and not hijack other thread unless your question is exactly the same.

Basically, with the original question, the developer should use current rules, and then the account would work as said in FAQ when July 1 st comes. And if the developer is not having verified account before July 1st, then the developer should ask question via the email given in the FAQ.

Thank you for your answer. I'll care about things i need to get my account verified. But i still couldnt found anything about Verification of the account, after july 2013. From user guide: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...Symbian_Signed i found following:" Symbian Signed will evaluate your account re-verification on a case-by-case basis, please contact us at symbian.signed@nokia.com. "
    I would like to know what is ment by case-by-case-basis and if this re-verification will cost something?(i need a little bit more Information, cause its important for me to know what will happen in 3 monthes, its a very short period of time)

Nokia Developer Expert

Basically I would assume that case-by-case depends on the business etc. cases, if you want to get it verified, you could indeed do it with current rules still. And then you would not need to worry & wonder, also as it is case-by-case, you should not expect to have fully qualified answers given in here, instead, you should contact the email address mentioned.

Thank you,symbianyucca! I will follow your notes.
    I could contact with given EMail-adress in the future, if needed, But now at least it is clear, whom and what should i ask.Thank you.