Discussion Board

Question undefined field is found in my trivia app

Hi!
    i'm developing a trivia web app using web app simulator 2.3.0. I have added five questions by modifying the javascript contents.But when I run it I get 5 options as answers in which one is undefined which I have not added. Kindly help me resolve this issue.
    Ruth
    Last edited by Jruth; 2013-04-20 at 08:27.

Super Contributor

Re: undefined field is found in my trivia app

Hard to help if you don't show/post your code.

Please kindly post your code so that we can review what's wrong with it You can use [CODE] tag to prettify your code snippet.
    Code:
    function myBuggedFunction() {
        return "What Bug?";
    };

Quote Originally Posted by petrib View Post
    Hard to help if you don't show/post your code.
    Thanks for the help
    <code> var category7 = Trivia.createCategory('Miracles');
    category7.addQuestion("When Jesus raised up the daughter of Jairus He said to her ............?", "Talitha Cumi!|Ephatha|Nothing|Eloi Eloi Lama Sabachtani".split("|"), 1);
    category7.addQuestion("When the Israelites were chased by the Egyptians behind and they faced the Red Sea before them GOD ........... ?", "Made the people to fly and reach the other side|Divided the Red Sea|Left His people|Did nothing".split("|"), 2);
    category7.addQuestion("A man born with no sight called on Jesus and became well. What did he cry out to Jesus?", "Forgive me, Jesus, Son of David|Jesus, Son, of David Heal me|Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me|Jesus help me I cannot see".split("|"), 3);
    category7.addQuestion("Jesus had compassion on a young dead man who was the son of a widow in Nain.What did He do for her?", "Said that GOD will raise all who are dead at a particular time|Cried with the mother and went away|Gave her some money to take care of her self|Raised back the son to life".split("|"), 4);
    <code>
    Also I included 7 categories but only 3 are displayed while i run my app in emulator.

Quote Originally Posted by kemasdimas View Post
    Please kindly post your code so that we can review what's wrong with it You can use [CODE] tag to prettify your code snippet.
    Code:
    function myBuggedFunction() {
        return "What Bug?";
    };
    <code>var category7 = Trivia.createCategory('Miracles');
    category7.addQuestion("When Jesus raised up the daughter of Jairus He said to her ............?", "Talitha Cumi!|Ephatha|Nothing|Eloi Eloi Lama Sabachtani".split("|"), 1);
    category7.addQuestion("When the Israelites were chased by the Egyptians behind and they faced the Red Sea before them GOD ........... ?", "Made the people to fly and reach the other side|Divided the Red Sea|Left His people|Did nothing".split("|"), 2);
    category7.addQuestion("A man born with no sight called on Jesus and became well. What did he cry out to Jesus?", "Forgive me, Jesus, Son of David|Jesus, Son, of David Heal me|Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me|Jesus help me I cannot see".split("|"), 3);
    category7.addQuestion("Jesus had compassion on a young dead man who was the son of a widow in Nain.What did He do for her?", "Said that GOD will raise all who are dead at a particular time|Cried with the mother and went away|Gave her some money to take care of her self|Raised back the son to life".split("|"), 4);</code>
    I created7 categories but only 3 are visible.

Code:
     var category7 = Trivia.createCategory('Miracles');
    category7.addQuestion("Jesus had compassion on a young dead man who was the son of a widow in Nain.What did He do for her?", "Said that GOD will raise all who are dead at a particular time|Cried with the mother and went away|Gave her some money to take care of her self|Raised back the son to life".split("|"), 4);
    That should work, you forgot the trailing / in your tag. You also need to use [] instead of <> to wrap the tag.

It seems to me that an exception is happening in the addQuestion() method. Have you tried running your application in debug mode to isolate which line this is happening on?

Regular Contributor

I have not tested it, but if the "correct answer ID" is related to the array, you have to know that the index starts at 0. So when you add the question
    Code:
    The correct answer is "Divided the Red Sea", the second answer given, at index 1, therefor you need to add 1 ad the end.
    I guess the error appears when the correct answer is 3. Since there is no array index 3 (3 answers = 0,1,2), it will give the error.

thankyou problem is solved

Regular Contributor

And what was the solution? Maybe someone else will have the same problem.

i need really urgent help I have finished coding my app how do i publish it

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Jruth View Post
    i need really urgent help I have finished coding my app how do i publish it
    https://www.developer.nokia.com/Dist...idelines.xhtml