Discussion Board

Hybrid View

Remember to promote your content

Dear publishers,

If you are not aware of this package: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Distr..._your_app/Home
    Please go and check. If offers all kind of handy tools for promoting of your content.

From Store publishing point of view there is a banner creation tool. Nokia chooses content to be spotlighted and promoted based on several different factors. Some of them being regional and some also product family based.
    However if banners are missing, the content cannot be spotlighted right away and process gets more complicated as we will separately ask publisher to add those banners.

Re: Remember to promote your content

No matter how good our banner is,it is useless if nokia store just keep promoting same apps.Take example ''feature app".Every weeks and weeks it is the same app that got featured.Sometime the app is featured for few days then other app replace the previous app only the same previous appear again few days later.Now for me it pointless to view the featured because it is always the same app that got featured.This have been happening for months as far as i can remember.Also my phone is using symbian belle so why nokia store featured java app that is popular for s40 only not the native or qt app for symbian phone.Most java app has poor performance on symbian phone yet even get featured

Edited : There is not even an option for choosing symbian platform available so "marketing in box " is useless

Re: Remember to promote your content

thanks for your feedback! This is important for us and I have given your input forward.