Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Real nokia device for loan

Is there any nokia service that allow developer to borrow or loan real device for testing apps in malaysia country.I try to port my app from symbian to harmattan but there are no way to test the app real performance.I try to use RDA service but it is too slow that i not even sure is it the app or the RDA device that hang.I need real device as there is also going to be a lot of testing and involve many installation in this porting and using RDA is too slow.Maybe any developer here can lend me their device for a small fees

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Real nokia device for loan

There is a MiniLoan service for ND Champs, and similar thing was available to Pro members too. However as Nokia focuses on Windows Phone and Series 40, mostly those kind of devices are available. N9-s seem to be withdrawn from this offering (I tend to remember that they were part of it). Right now the 808 is the only model listed which is not Series 40 and not Windows Phone.

Regular Contributor

I guess now it is too late to join nokia developer champion program.I still remember how nokia "kick out" developers that refuse to port or develop their phone for window phone.Right now i am concentrating on symbian as primary recently meego and android and if possible window (lumia excluded).I am actually for looking for any company that provide phone loaning service to developers so i can test my app
    Last edited by babylongreece; 2013-04-26 at 17:00.

I haven't checked for Malaysia, but there are a bunch of lending libraries referenced here.

Regular Contributor

Unfortunately there are none for malaysia.Most are in europe or us.Asia is so big but only two country provide odl service.This is going to delay my app launch for months or weeks as i have to rely on RDA service.Need to make my app workable first then find some trusted beta tester.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by babylongreece View Post
    Unfortunately there are none for malaysia.Most are in europe or us.Asia is so big but only two country provide odl service.This is going to delay my app launch for months or weeks as i have to rely on RDA service.Need to make my app workable first then find some trusted beta tester.
    I would recommend to try and get community members to work as beta testers for you. I dont have one of those devices but I'm sure that some may have it and probably willing to beta test it.

Another good place to get beta testers is also to spread word on twitter and FB.

Regular Contributor

It would be easy to get beta tester but my main concern is piracy because this is going to be paid app and it could end up around forum become "freeware"

Quote Originally Posted by babylongreece View Post
    It would be easy to get beta tester but my main concern is piracy because this is going to be paid app and it could end up around forum become "freeware"
    No perfect solutions - more work for you but you could lock beta to time or IMEI or both. Longer term I thought this was an interesting idea: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...ion_on_Symbian