Discussion Board

Definition of Full Touch Asha app ?

I have received Asha 310 under Nokia Premium Developer Program with the agreement that I shall publish a Full Touch Asha app within 6 months of receiving the device.

I already have 5 webapps in my store : store.ovi.com/publisher/GoutamMandal

Can anyone please confirm whether they come under Full Touch Asha app category or I need to make different apps so that I can retain the phone even after 6 months ?

Any information in this regard is highly appreciated.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Definition of Full Touch Asha app ?

If your application works perfectly (UI and functionality) on an Asha full touch device, it's a full touch app

From what I see, your applications are web apps built using Nokia Web tools, so a developing and publishing a similar application may do the job!
    Pankaj Nathani
    www.croozeus.com

Thanks a lot
    But asha.developer@nokia.com is not responding. How to know that we have fulfilled the agreement's criteria and we can keep the phone ?

Your apps are fine. Once they can be used by the touchscreen on an Asha 305, 306, 310, 311 (all full touch devices with a resolution of 400 by 240) then they are full touch apps. I just downloaded one of your apps and it ran perfectly.

Finally, official reply from Nokia

I’ve reviewed several of your apps. These would qualify as full-touch Asha apps, except that the program guidelines specify that you must publish a new full-touch Asha app after you have joined the program. So, it will be necessary for you to publish a new Asha app within 6 months of getting your device, in order to keep it. Please let me know if you have any more questions.