Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Application get crashed with Error KERN EXEC

Hello,

we have developed VOIP apps. i have got crashed when i move in call log details windows, either i leave apps on call log windows or select the the contact from call log after some (almost 10 to 20 second) application get crashed

this problem occur when i have implement balance by using "S60_Platform_HTTP_Client_API_Example_v2_1_en".

I have this two balance link:
    when i used first one appliction get crased with above criteria.

1:- _LIT(httpRequestURL,"http://sip ip/noorcall/getclientbalance.do?pin=");

when i have used this second one its work fine there is no problem

2:-_LIT(httpRequestURL,"http://sip ip/customer/showbalance.php?cno=");

can any one help me wats the problem in it or where i have to checke the code regarding this problem.

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Application get crashed with Error KERN EXEC

So you request balance after navigating to call logs screen or else, in short what is the co-relation between logs screen & balance requesting webservice.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Also the number shown after the KERN EXEC text would be important, since it actually tells which problem it is.

yes i have request the balance when navigate to call log screen. i have called the balance two times when application has registered and other one from DoActivateL() function.

Also the number shown after the KERN EXEC text would be important, since it actually tells which problem it is.
    The Error show application closed ... KERN EXEC 3

Nokia Developer Champion

Well i think then you might want to check the flow of app when 2nd request for balance is put till its response is received.Might be you are trying to access the view which is destroyed already when you switched to call logs view.

well i have tried to check the flow of app. but did't find the proper solution. application still crashed either i am in call log view (after 10 to 20 sec) or navigate to other window (on other window its also take some time almost 10 to 20 sec then crashed) with the error application crashed with KERN EXEC 3

Nokia Developer Champion

Is there any timer/some kind of thread running, performing some sort of operations after a specified interval?

Thanks for your suggestion and quick reply. well there is no timer, and thread running. it will occur only when i am navigate in call log. Otherwise application work fine either, i will move in setting window or phone book view.

Nokia Developer Champion

Well then coming back to what i mentioned in #6, is it possible that the request you are placing while switching the view is taking 10 or 20 sec to respond & as soon as response is received the app crashes.

Yeas i have checked. when we i have switch its not take time ... but after 10 to 20 sec its crashed.....

One this i have noticed in #1 i have mention two Link i have used in apps when i have used second link there is no problem application goes fine. its create problem with second link.

are you using parsing the response from the server? you might want to check the responses you get on these two different urls

Quote Originally Posted by raj8nokiaforum View Post
    are you using parsing the response from the server? you might want to check the responses you get on these two different urls
    First thank you for valuable response. Yes i have parse the response.. and i have checked the respond content but did't find any wrong thing.

Quote Originally Posted by vineet.jain View Post
    So you request balance after navigating to call logs screen or else, in short what is the co-relation between logs screen & balance requesting webservice.
    Thank YOU Vineet.

I have short out one problem when i have select number from call log and switch to other view its not crashed... But now i am still facing one problem when i stay on call log view for 20 to 30 second its crashed. Actually this all problem occur when i have implement balance by using "S60_Platform_HTTP_Client_API_Example_v2_1_en".

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by jai2713 View Post
    Thank YOU Vineet.

I have short out one problem when i have select number from call log and switch to other view its not crashed... But now i am still facing one problem when i stay on call log view for 20 to 30 second its crashed. Actually this all problem occur when i have implement balance by using "S60_Platform_HTTP_Client_API_Example_v2_1_en".
    Well as said earlier, its quite possible that you are receiving the response of that balance service after 20-30 secs & as soon as it is received something goes wrong & app gets crashed.You may try putting a wait bar as soon as balance service is requested & delete the same at the instance when response is received, this may help confirming if its due to balance service or else.