Discussion Board

Unhappy Need details about my Order: OID-141091 Nokia Asha 310 device for developing apps

Recently I registered in Nokia Premium Developer Program for Asha. And Nokia promised to send me the Asha device for our development purposes. I got a confirmation mail too. I paste below:

Dear Krishnakumar P
    Welcome to the Nokia Premium Developer Program for Asha! Your membership is now active, and you can access the program resources here. Please note that you must specifically request your Asha device and provide a shipping address; it will not be automatically sent to you.

You may need to logout and login again to the site in order to gain access to certain resources. Open https://www.developer.nokia.com/Deve..._program.xhtml and then click on the ‘Already a member? Click here for your benefits’ box.

Note that the SDK, documentation, and other materials provided on this site are for your own developmental use. Re- distribution of any of these materials is not allowed.

We hope that you will find the Nokia Premium Developer Program for Asha valuable. If you need any assistance or have comments or suggestions, please contact us at Asha.Developer@nokia.com.

On opening the above link & gave the request too, After that I got mail like this:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your order.

Order: OID-141091
    Device: Nokia Asha 310

Please note that your order will be processed as soon as possible. You will be notified once the device has been shipped. Should you have any concerns, or if you wish to cancel your order, please contact us at DAS@nokia.com.

But after, whenever am reply mail DAS@nokia.com, there is no response. I just want to know whether Nokia is giving mobiles for developer or its just fake? Else please send the details about my Order: OID-141091 Nokia Asha 310 device. Also could you please tell me, How long will take to receive the device. Since we people are eagerly waiting to develop the apps for Asha mobiles.

Thanks & Regards,
    Krishnakumar P

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Need details about my Order: OID-141091 Nokia Asha 310 device for developing apps

Please note that due to high demand, we estimate that your order will be processed within 4-6 weeks. You will be notified once the device has been shipped. Should you have any concerns, or if you wish to cancel your order, please contact us at DAS@nokia.com.

We regret that we are not able to respond to requests for shipping date estimates.

Re: Need details about my Order: OID-141091 Nokia Asha 310 device for developing apps

It's definitely not fake - my Asha 310 is sitting next to me right now

Nokia Developer Champion

@Krishnakumar: Have patience. Its not fake. I also got the device. but you need to wait a little bit. It mostly due to out of stock.

Meanwhile you can start creating your app in emulator and then you can test it in device when you get it.
    Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team
    World's Greatest Speeches for Windows Phone is now available on WP Marketplace.

Nokia Developer Moderator

@ Krishnakumar : I would rather prefer the team of DAS@Nokia to spend time shipping devices than answering enthusiastic mails of date of shipping, color of device assigned et el. A little patience will help you and several others get better service. Meanwhile as already pointed out, nothing should stop you from designing and implementation with emulator.

Have fun coding

I registered for the Nokia Premium Developer Program for Asha in the beginning of April and got this email:

Dear XXX,

Welcome to the Nokia Premium Developer Program for Asha! Your membership is now
    active, and you can access the program resources here.

You may need to logout and login again to the site in order to gain access to certain resources.

Note that the SDK, documentation, and other materials provided on this site are for your own developmental use. Re-
    distribution of any of these materials is not allowed.

We hope that you will find the Nokia Premium Developer Program for Asha valuable. If you
    need any assistance or have comments or suggestions, please contact us at Asha.Developer@nokia.com.

Best regards,

The Nokia Developer Team
    As attachments, there were files signed_Asha device agreement02042013.pdf and signed_Asha PDP agreement02. Having already entered company info and address during program registration, I assumed the device would be sent without further action, as the attachments included a device agreement already signed by me. No mention in the email about having to separately order the device back then - it may have been said somewhere in the web pages during registration, but I didn't notice it (and it may not have been very clear to others either, as the info has now been added to the welcome email too, see OP).

I just placed an order for the device this morning (after finally knowing that it's required from this thread, thanks Krishnakumar!), seems like I need to wait for another month...

Hey wait wait wait don;t worry ur order will be delivered in 2 weeks that's what the official page says and believe me it do get delivered in that period so stay calm and happy

Quote Originally Posted by TongMuan View Post
    I registered for the Nokia Premium Developer Program for Asha in the beginning of April and got this email:

As attachments, there were files signed_Asha device agreement02042013.pdf and signed_Asha PDP agreement02. Having already entered company info and address during program registration, I assumed the device would be sent without further action, as the attachments included a device agreement already signed by me. No mention in the email about having to separately order the device back then - it may have been said somewhere in the web pages during registration, but I didn't notice it (and it may not have been very clear to others either, as the info has now been added to the welcome email too, see OP).

I just placed an order for the device this morning (after finally knowing that it's required from this thread, thanks Krishnakumar!), seems like I need to wait for another month...