Discussion Board

how does NFC p2p works on nokia series S40

iam working on POC NFC for p2p communication betwn two nokia emulator. Actually i have downloaded the nokia series S40 emulator,so it has an option for NFC. kindly inform me if anyone has any idea whether nokia S40 has a functionality for Nfc p2p
    communication. If this functionality is supported in this series, please inform me how it works.

Re: how does NFC p2p works on nokia series S40

Which one do you use? Where did you get the emulator for the Nokia 6212 classic or Nokia 6131 NFC?

Hi, i have downloaded "S40_Nokia_6212_NFC_SDK_installer_em.exe" from http://www.developer.nokia.com/info/...2_NFC_SDK.html .
    actually, i want to run two nokia6212 emulator simultaneously on same PC for P2P communication. when i started running the first emulator, the application comes out precisely. but when i started the other emulator, the previous emulator terminated automatically and started running the newly running emulator. so, i fail running two emulator on same machine. btw, its possible to run two simulators on the same PC?

Yes, two emulators were possible at the same time.
    I just tried again, and here two emulators are opened. However, I do not start them from any IDE like Eclipse, NetBeans or the Nokia IDE. I start them via the Windows Start menu. Then, from the Emulator you are able to start your MIDlet.

Regarding your other questions: I do not remember. NFC P2P (that is its own standard, you know?) is not supported in the emulator, according its release notes. It is supported on real devices. Furthermore, I am not sure with Java Runtime (JRE) to use with that old beast. I have problems here even with JRE 7 Update 17. Does JRE 6 Update 27 work for you?

Anyway: Why do you want to achieve actually. Nokia Series 40 NFC is quite dead nowadays.
    Last edited by traud; 2013-05-14 at 14:53.

hi, actually i wanted to test the nfc llcp peer-to-peer chat between the simulators, because i cannot purchase the real device to test. anyway if emulator doesn't support the nfc p2p then can you kindly help me to test llcp on real device.

Thanks

hi, can we start two emulators using eclipse IDE?

Not aware of any trick. However, from the emulator you can install your JAD/JAR. Because you are able to start several emulators this way, you can create the scenario you are looking for. To sum up: One emulator is started by your IDE. The second one, you start manually from the Windows Start menu. In the latter, you install your MIDlet via the menu File or the internal Web browser.