Discussion Board

local sql database storage

Hi

I am new to the Asha platform, and am excited by the new phones being release (501 etc). I am thinking of developing an app that will extensively use local custom data, which I'd like to query via an SQL or sql-like interface.

I have built windows 8 apps that use SQLite, and I want to know what the Nokia-recommended approach is for storing complex relational data locally

Thanks

Re: local sql database storage

Quote Originally Posted by deanchalk View Post
    Hi

I am new to the Asha platform, and am excited by the new phones being release (501 etc). I am thinking of developing an app that will extensively use local custom data, which I'd like to query via an SQL or sql-like interface.

I have built windows 8 apps that use SQLite, and I want to know what the Nokia-recommended approach is for storing complex relational data locally

Thanks
    The J2ME platform doesn't support the concept of a local relational database. What it does provide for storing data is an API called Record Management System, for an idea of how this works, you can see the wiki here for some sample code.