Discussion Board

jad file is read-only

hi everyone!

I've been working with nokia sdk 2.0 in a windows 8 pro with jdk 1.6.0_23 (32 bits). Everything was working fine but yesterday I begun getting this error message:

"Errors occurred during the build.
    Errors running builder 'Package Builder' on project 'PegaleAl21_ME'.
    de.schlichtherle.io.ArchiveFileSystem$ArchiveReadOnlyException: Archive file is read-only!
    de.schlichtherle.io.ArchiveFileSystem$ArchiveReadOnlyException: Archive file is read-only!
    de.schlichtherle.io.ArchiveFileSystem$ArchiveReadOnlyException: Archive file is read-only! "

This error is produced the second time I try to launch the emulator. First time everything goes fine.

I checked and the workspace directory was read-only, changed the permissions but everytime i open the IDE the workspace goes back to read-only and the error occurs.
    The big annoyance is that next time i tried to launch the emulator, all the changes in the code are not reflected in the jar....

Any hints?

Thanks a lot!!

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: jad file is read-only

Can it happen that the first instance of the emulator did not exit successfully? You may want to check that in the task manager.

Re: jad file is read-only

Actually, the emulator is still running but the midlet app is stopped (via the exit command).
    Yesterday I realized that everything was working fine (I build a virtual machine with xp pro to test) until I copied two images to the res directory... I used those same images in another project....
    The whole process went more or less like this:

1.- clear install of the java sdk (1.6.0_23)
    2.- clear install of the nokia sdk 2.0
    3.- creation of a new midlet project
    4.- creation of a new package for the code
    5.- creation of the main midlet
    6.- creation of the main menu (canvas)
    7.- copy the image files into the res directory (drag and drop from windows explorer)
    8.- see result in emulator
    9.- append background image to the main menu
    10.- see result in emulator
    11.- append "launch" button to the main menu
    12.- see result in emulator
    13.- copy the other two images to the res directory (drag and drop from windows explorer, different directory that the other images)
    14.- append the new images to the main menu
    15.- ERROR!!!

After this happend I tried to switch to a new workspace and import the project, but the same error continued to appear...
    Last thing I tried was downloading the new asha sdk and so far, so good...(but i used different images :-)

Greetings,
    Victor