×

Discussion Board

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 21 of 21
  1. #16
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    4,104

    Re: Some HTTPConnection requests not working on Asha SDK 1.0

    The website www.indt.org does not specify a HTTP header Content-Length at all. Consequently in the world of Java, getLength() returns -1. However, the mentioned web-server uses Transfer-Encoding: chunked. I tried your code and got 17459 bytes of content data. No exception is thrown.
    Last edited by traud; 2013-05-23 at 10:14.

  2. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Manaus, Brazil
    Posts
    9

    Re: Some HTTPConnection requests not working on Asha SDK 1.0

    Hi traud...

    Still no use, even reading byte by byte. Not even copying your code worked for me. I'll just search for updates on SDK and double check my environment. It's really weird now o.O

    Thanks once again for the help.

  3. #18
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    4,104

    Re: Some HTTPConnection requests not working on Asha SDK 1.0

    I do not get any exception with your code! Is your final JAR signed or obfuscated? Do you have a proxy in your Internet which is not transparent?
    Last edited by traud; 2013-05-23 at 10:09.

  4. #19
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    4,104

    Re: Some HTTPConnection requests not working on Asha SDK 1.0

    Quote Originally Posted by cavalcanti.luiz View Post
    I'm sure I have the latest firmware for Asha 501 available.
    The firmware which came with the emulator is 1.1316.1. I use that.

    There is an update to 1.1318.12 from 14th of May. However, I am not able to update the emulator. If you say you have the latest firmware: Is that a real device? If not, how did you update in the emulator? Perhaps your firmware is too new.

  5. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Manaus, Brazil
    Posts
    9

    Re: Some HTTPConnection requests not working on Asha SDK 1.0

    Hi traud!

    Sorry for the long delay (again!). It is solved. Both my device (yes, it's a real one) and the SDK/emulator were actualy older than yours. I updated and everything works, now. Even the old code.
    I changed the code to make it the way you suggested, since it saves me heap. Thanks for the great piece of advice and patience.

  6. #21
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    4,104

    Re: Some HTTPConnection requests not working on Asha SDK 1.0

    Thanks for the nice words and updating this thread. Do not forget to change the status of your bug to ‘resolved’, as well. Happy guy you are because I am still looking for to my real device. Finally, keep on coding!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. UDP broadcast not working (Asha 310)
    By da32x in forum Mobile Java General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2013-05-03, 11:21
  2. Nokia Debug Device not working for Asha 205
    By trivedikamal123 in forum Mobile Java Tools & SDKs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2013-04-16, 15:43
  3. Multiple requests with HTTPConnection
    By tinkywinky in forum Python
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2007-07-11, 17:51
  4. Working with two asynchronous requests...
    By go4jas in forum Symbian C++
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2007-06-04, 15:44
  5. HttpConnection hangs in repeated requests
    By CM_WONG in forum Mobile Java General
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2003-05-30, 08:55

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •