Discussion Board

Play sound to uplink on Symbian^3 target E6

Hi Guys,

I have been trying to get a local audio up onto the uplink when there is a active call. I have failed so far. I have used mmda audio player utilty and audio recorder utility with device mode set. None of the schemes helped in getting the sound on to the uplink. Now I am wondering if this really possible on Symbian^3 /E6. Could you guys please comment if I am trying that is entirely not possible?

E6 has belle and rm-609.

Regards,
    -Daya
    Last edited by dayaSherlock; 2013-05-21 at 10:51.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Play sound to uplink on Symbian^3 target E6

in general, playing to up0link would require the process to have nokia vendor id set for it. And that would require that the executable would be having it set, which you can not get done.

So, instead of using normal audio APIs, you would need to use the Voip Audio service (VAS) API: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...io_Service_API

Hi Symbianyucca,

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry I forgot to mention one thing in the last query. I want the audio to be routed onto the uplink through the telephony subsystem. The API you have referred to me is for VoIP. Any idea if I could it through telephony as well?

Regards,
    -Daya

All though I have personally never used the API (just haven't got any project needing the funcitonality since 2nd edition), it indeed should be the right choise for an API when you want to play audio to the telephony call uplink.

Quote Originally Posted by dayaSherlock View Post
    Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry I forgot to mention one thing in the last query. I want the audio to be routed onto the uplink through the telephony subsystem. The API you have referred to me is for VoIP. Any idea if I could it through telephony as well?
    Not sure which API they use, but I remember seeing apps (at least one) on Nokia Store claiming to play uplink sounds during a call.
    Last edited by TongMuan; 2013-05-22 at 17:58.

What you are suggesting is Illegal or at least things that should not be done., so please do not suggest people to do such things.

Also I have been working with uplink playing with Symbian for over 10 years, and there is no magic really, with 3rd edition onwards, you can not do the thing with any API on symbian sources, unless they provide ways on playing the audio in separate processes which are having the vendor ID.