Discussion Board

Change Microphone samplerate

Hi everyone

I wanted to make a guitar tuner just for fun and planned to do this with the Fast Fourier Transform-API (Sound pattern matching using Fast Fourier Transform in Windows Phone)

Now the frequencies of guitar strings go from about 80 Hz up to about 330 Hz. Yet, because the samplerate of the Microphone is fixed at 16000 samples per second, I'll have to calculate the frequencies for 0Hz - 8kHz. This results in a lot of unnecessary calculations, which lowers either the speed or the accuracy of the tuner. Therefore I need to know if there is a possibility to change the samplerate of the microphone in order to make the intervall of the computed frequencies smaller?

Please excuse my poor english, I haven't been using it for quite some time.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Change Microphone samplerate

In general I would assume that there are no APIs available. Secondly you should understand that we have many supported platforms, and some of them have more than one technology which can be used for development, as well as there are many platform versions within some platforms.

Thus, in minimal you would need to define which platform you are developing for, and which technology you would be using for the development.

Also as this is definitely a development related question, and not feedback as such. You should ask the question under the selected technology section within this discussion baord, instead of posting under the general feedback channels.

Re: Change Microphone samplerate

Whops, didn't see that I was in the Feedback section, sorry about that.

The API allready exists, so this isn't the problem. Anyway, I'll copy the thread to the development section and try to delete this one.

Thanks.