Discussion Board

How to solve the problem: " The SDK could not locate a Java Runtime Environment "

Hi all!

First of all, I'm new here, so please advise if I'm in the right forum or not.

I've tried to install Nokia SDK 2.0 for Java offine installer but I'm having the following error:

"" The SDK could not locate a Java Runtime Environment (JDK).
    You must install JRE 6 to run this SDK.
    The JRE is availabe at: http://www.javasoft.com/ ""

I've tried these steps below:

- I had java 1.4 version. Then I've unistalled this version and installed 1.6 and even 1.7 version from oracle website. I downloaded java run time environment and also
    java development kit (these are the descriptions on oracle website). It didn't work and the error persists.

- Some people said that I should add this "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin" to PATH environment variable. I did it, and It also didn't work.

My system's settings are these:

Windows 7 ultimate service pack 1 - 64 bits

Please, help me!!!

Thanks,

Pierre Francelino

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: How to solve the problem: " The SDK could not locate a Java Runtime Environment

did you install Java in the 32-bit version or the 64-bit version? it seems to be that you've installed the 64 bit version which is the wrong version.
    i suggest you uninstall all current java sdks that you have then restart pc and then install jdk 1.6 (update 10 version) 32-bit (and dont update it further even if it asks you to)
    and then try to install the Nokia sdk 2.0

Re: How to solve the problem: " The SDK could not locate a Java Runtime Environment

Hi Pierre Francelino,

You have posted at right query at right forum.

Download and Install from the link http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...s-1880260.html 32 Bit Windows based installer.

Now Set Path Variable . Hope Your problem gets resolved

Yeah, problem solved man!
    I was dowlnloading the right version (according to my system - 64 bits), but then I tried the other Java version and It worked!
    Thanks!

Thanks a lot man, problem solved!

Cool Re: How to solve the problem: " The SDK could not locate a Java Runtime Environment

Problem solved guys!