Discussion Board

Nokia Here Maps Heatmap Overlay holes

I am working with the Nokia Here maps API, visualising data with a heatmap overlay. The first time the heatmap provider is added to the map, it appears to be missing tiles and displaying holes in the data as seen below:

Heatmap with holes

It is only after turning the heatmap off and on again or reloading the data that it displays correctly. It should be displaying as below:

After Data Reload

Is this a known issue? Has anyone encountered this before and have a quick solution? Thanks in advance.

Regular Contributor

Re: Nokia Here Maps Heatmap Overlay holes

I've been able to reproduce the issue using the standard map with value heatmap example, especially if the data set is left un-truncated. My feeling is that this is a bug within the canvas rendering, as I have come across a similar issue before (but with overlays). A workaround suggested there seems to work for me here as well. I never get any overlay rendering problems when using DOM mode - it seem to get this problem only seems to occur in Canvas mode.

To force the library to use the DOM mode, change the <script> tag as shown.
    Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8" src="http://api.maps.nokia.com/2.2.4/jsl.js?with=all&map=js-p2d-dom"></script>
    Meanwhile I'll ensure that this gets raised as a bug internally, so hopefully a fix will be in place in a subsequent release.