Discussion Board

Banned

Cool How to port my existing s40 web apps ,Java ME apps to Nokia Asha web app tools (beta)

I have already installed the new Nokia Asha web app tools (beta) SDk earlier I have built many web apps uisng Nokia WDE i.e Nokia web tools 2.3 and also the xpress web app bulder .

Please guide me or give me link regarding Porting.

Thanks

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: How to port my existing s40 web apps ,Java ME apps to Nokia Asha web app tools (b

From the developer viewpoint, the new Nokia Asha brand is a direct successor of Series 40. Whatever code (Java and Web) you have for Series 40, will most likely work with the Asha tools. Since the screen resolution is different you may want to check the applications running and modify the layout when necessary.

Banned

Re: How to port my existing s40 web apps ,Java ME apps to Nokia Asha web app tools (b

Thank you I wil find out . No seperate porting needed right? Any addition in the publsih.ovi.com to the content needed.

Banned

Cool Re: How to port my existing s40 web apps ,Java ME apps to Nokia Asha web app tools (b

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    From the developer viewpoint, the new Nokia Asha brand is a direct successor of Series 40. Whatever code (Java and Web) you have for Series 40, will most likely work with the Asha tools. Since the screen resolution is different you may want to check the applications running and modify the layout when necessary.

Hi wizard Can u give brief on changes for screen resolutions and How to check and implement in the App.

Actaull y I got a mail regarding porting saying "Port your existing app to new Nokia Asha platform to win exciting prizes "

There are many apps submitted for s40 earlier so I want to take part in this and port all the apps to win prizes etc also.

While the device itself is not available yet, the emulator in the Nokia Asha SDK is based on the 501 with its new resolution. See https://www.developer.nokia.com/Deve...va/tools.xhtml, you can try if it has a browser.

Hi Wizard, I am kinda new to developing apps and so far I have just one app, Legendary Resources, which I developed via the xpress web app bulder and I discover its for the s40 series platform. How do I convert it to the asha platform because i notice in the compatibility section that its not compatible with it?

I am not sure which kind of compatibility you mean
    - if it does not work on an device with Asha platform, as far as I know you can try importing the code into the offline Nokia Asha Web App Tools kit, and attempt fixing it there
    - however if you mean Store distribution, targeted platform versions/devices do not change on their own, so you have to add Asha platform to the compatibility list yourself. It may be a good idea to test the app first, if you do not have an Asha device yourself, RDA (Devices above, Remote device access) may help