Discussion Board

How to use QDatastream to send/receive large files with QNetworkAccessManager

Hi,

I am new in qt and developing this app for symbian smartphones. I need to upload and download large files of sizes <= 15MB. Currently I am using QNetworkAccessManager's put method which takes QNetworkRequest and QByteArray as data to upload files to the server. I am able to send files but they fail to upload randomly because I am sending all the read data from the file in one go. I am not using any chunking.

I want to know if somehow QDataStream could be used to achieve the same or not. Also I want to have listeners for different stages of file upload/download like paused/resumed/canceled etc. If it is possible please provide an example.

Thanks a ton!

Re: How to use QDatastream to send/receive large files with QNetworkAccessManager

Has nobody done something like this before??

Re: How to use QDatastream to send/receive large files with QNetworkAccessManager

Maybe you should make your question clearer.I'm not even sure what you asking and trying to achive.

I need to upload/download different types of files to the network. I need to do it in a way that I could track the progress of the file upload/download.

I hope that is simpler now? Can somebody help out now?