Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Lightbulb Nokia Store purchase receipt copy for developers

Dear fellow,

We all know that when we purchase an app from nokia store,a users will receive a receipt as proof of purchase.Should't we developers also should receive a copy too since it is our app.Sometimes a user that have an issue with the purchased app will contact developers via email.As there are a lot pirated apps out there,developers could use the receipt as proof or purchase.Developers could ask for receipt number and only then when it is confirm that it is genuine buyer that we provide a proper support.Is there any way nokia can at least give us the users receipt number so we can do a verification.This method can also be use to counter pirated app and a way to punish users that download our apps illegally

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Nokia Store purchase receipt copy for developers

Having some "proof of purchase" is a recurring request for long years, from the very beginning of Nokia, Ovi, then again Nokia Store.
    What is available is IAP, which is available for Series 40/Asha.
    Based on your posts, I remember that you may rather be a Symbian/Qt developer. IAP has been phased out for these platforms around a week ago as I know, and it is very unlikely that any new Store features would arrive for these platforms.

Regular Contributor

Iap is another purchase option.What i mean also apply to s40 and asha paid apps.If nokia can auto generate a receipt each time users purchase an app why nokia cannot send developers just the users receipt number.It up to individual developers what to do with the receipt number.For me i can ask users requesting support his/her for receipt number and cross check with the receipt number and confirm that the users indeed buying my apps,not users who download illegally yet have a gut to email developers for support.This receipt number doesn't even comprise users identity or privacy.It is just a unique number.I hope nokia publish can implement this.
    Last edited by babylongreece; 2013-06-22 at 12:59.

Nokia Developer Moderator

And a new type of search query is born: nokia serialz receipt numberz