Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Weird problem! Unable to update Asha SDK

Hi

I have the Asha SDK version released in May with me.I downloaded the latest update (1.2) and installed it.Yet the release notes (C:\Nokia\Devices\Nokia_Asha_SDK_1_0\release_notes) still indicate that it is in version 1.0 and not 1.2.I tried removing it and reinstalling again.Still no use!

How can I update the SDK ?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Weird problem! Unable to update Asha SDK

If it is an update installed over an existing SDK, it may easily happen that the original release notes file remains unchanged. Consider checking the internals of the SDK, like if there is a new version number displayed in the emulators.

Regular Contributor

Thanks.The new installation apparently does not provide the updated emulator.I had to update the emulator using the SDK manager.

On a seperate note, I wish to say that the SDK manager's UI is not user-friendly.

I wanted to update the emulator alone,hence I had unchecked all the other components and clicked on update button.The SDK manager started removing the components which I had unchecked!!

It took me some time to understand how to update the emulator alone without losing the other components!

Quote Originally Posted by arunkam View Post
    On a seperate note, I wish to say that the SDK manager's UI is not user-friendly.

I wanted to update the emulator alone,hence I had unchecked all the other components and clicked on update button.The SDK manager started removing the components which I had unchecked!!
    I had the same problem, and even though I cancelled immediately after seeing that it started removing stuff, I ended up having to reinstall everything. The UI should definitely be made more intuitive (one would assume that clicking update would update the selected components, not that it would remove unselected ones), or at least there should be a warning before removing existing components.

Nokia Developer Champion

Well, the SDK Manager manages which parts are installed or get removed. Although I would love to see a better “update” interface, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    Consider checking the internals of the SDK, like if there is a new version number displayed in the emulators.
    I did not find anything.