Discussion Board

Question Lock Screen Swipe Detection

Hello,
    I wanted to know that is their any API from which i can detect the lock screen swipe(up,down,left,right) as upto my knowledge to unlock any Nokia Lumia phone we need to swipe up on lock screen ...so i was wondering that if up swipe might be possible ??

Thank you..
    Regards
    Viral Parmar

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Lock Screen Swipe Detection

Quote Originally Posted by mind_freak View Post
    I wanted to know that is their any API from which i can detect the lock screen swipe(up,down,left,right) as upto my knowledge to unlock any Nokia Lumia phone we need to swipe up on lock screen ...so i was wondering that if up swipe might be possible ??
    It's not possible to detect what happens on the lock screen, the system handles that. Also, an app cannot lock the phone - users decides these actions and apps should not be allowed to 'listen' or interfere.

Quote Originally Posted by theothernt View Post
    It's not possible to detect what happens on the lock screen, the system handles that. Also, an app cannot lock the phone - users decides these actions and apps should not be allowed to 'listen' or interfere.
    But this article say's that something is possible on lock screen and that too by an application running in background..and if this is true then why can't we develop our own application or can detect a swipe with the used of background task agent??
    Regards
    Viral Parmar

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by mind_freak View Post
    But this article say's that something is possible on lock screen and that too by an application running in background..and if this is true then why can't we develop our own application or can detect a swipe with the used of background task agent??
    The lockscreen is a specific module of the OS that you only have access to a certain level. You can add a notification icon, some text to the lock screen, and a picture. And all that only if the user configures it. You cant do it automatically. There is no way to detect the user interaction with the lock screen from your app at the level you are looking for.

You can check the Obscured and Unobscured events. There is a IsLocked property you can check in the ObscuredeventArgs. You won't have total control, but it's something

Cheers,