Discussion Board

Hybrid View

C2-01 : CertificateException: Certificate was issued by an unrecognized entity

Hi,

I have a j2me application, Which connects to two different Secured servers. It is working fine with most of the devices, but when i try to connect the first server with C2-01 device am getting "CertificateException: Certificate was issued by an unrecognized entity", but am able to connect with second servers with same device and am facing this issue only with C2-01 device, with remaining devices it is working fine. Can you guys please help me to figure out what could be the issue.

Am suspecting it could be with the certificate installed at first server, In that case what I need to do to make it work in C2-01

Thanks,
    Chandu
    -chandu.

Re: C2-01 : CertificateException: Certificate was issued by an unrecognized entity

Run one of the various SSL checking toolkits out there. If your webpage passes their tests, then you have to check the internal certificate authorities in your Nokia C2-01 (Menu » Settings » Security). If this is your Nokia, you can install that authority certificate manually. If your MIDlet should be used by a wider audience and you want to avoid that, you have to to change the certificate authority on that server. If you are not in control of that server and you cannot convince its webmaster, you could create your own proxy via stunnel for example.
    Last edited by traud; 2013-07-04 at 13:20.