Discussion Board

Post The icon displayed in the device menu is different from the one in metadata.

I have submitted a series 40 web app but it failed the QA process. The summary was "The icon displayed in the device menu is different from the one in metadata."
    The Actual result was "The application's icon displayed in the device menu does not correspond with the one from metadata."
    I was unable to understand both of them. I'm confused on what could be the potential problem.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: The icon displayed in the device menu is different from the one in metadata.

It may say the icon used on the device and the icon shown in the store has to look the same.

Re: The icon displayed in the device menu is different from the one in metadata.

where would I find out the icon used in the app

Nokia Developer Moderator

I am not familiar with WebApps, not even as a user. But I assume they have an icon appearing in the menu of the device, the one you are using to start it. They are mentioned as launcher icons here: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Resou...ary/icons.html

The icon used in Webapp is located in Application Directory named as icon.png

Nokia Developer Champion

@kartikey_kant... icon.png is located at your workspace WebToolsWorkspace\appname\img\icon.png.... please bear in mind if you updated your logos/images in your app make sure to repackage your web app again

thnx @polturtle and @Sandeep Sharma have a look at http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...in-tab-control