Discussion Board

Problem to verify the account

Hello All,

I have made login on symbain signed. After that i have generated Uid key and certificate. when i am going to verify the account there is no option to verify account. Its only shows Unverified Account. May any one have idea about how may i verified the account. I had droped a mail to symbian.signed@nokia.com but they don't give any reply. plz help.

Thanks.

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Problem to verify the account

Actually there used to be an option earlier(before 1st July 2013) on the top right hand corner 'verify account'(if account is still unverified) which now has gone & reason being the changes in services of SymbianSigned.com which were about to take place from 1st July 2013 & as per the new changes the Publisher Id is NOT required to verify the account, implying there's no need to sign the app with pub id to express sign or else or simply saying there's no need to purchase Publisher Id anymore.
    Last edited by vineet.jain; 2013-07-05 at 12:43.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Verified account means you have purchased a certificate from TC TrustCenter (http://www.trustcenter.de/en/product...or_symbian.htm), and used that one. It is about verifying your identity via a trusted 3rd party.

Quote Originally Posted by vineet.jain View Post
    Actually there used to be an option earlier(before 1st July 2013) on the top right hand corner 'verify account'(if account is still unverified) which now has gone & reason being the changes in services of SymbianSigned.com which were about to take place from 1st July 2013 & as per the new changes the Publisher Id is NOT required to verify the account, implying there's no need to sign the app with pub id to express sign or else or simply saying there's no need to purchase Publisher Id anymore.
    First Thank you vineet for quick response.

yes i know there is option on the top right corner, but right now its not there. so what is the process to verify the account, because if it will not verify that there is no option for "submission" the apps for testing. So how will i upload the application for express sign. Please help us

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    Verified account means you have purchased a certificate from TC TrustCenter (http://www.trustcenter.de/en/product...or_symbian.htm), and used that one. It is about verifying your identity via a trusted 3rd party.
    Thank you so much

I have already purchased a certificate and key from TC TrustCenter. The problem is there is no option show in symbian login to verify account. I have done this process many time for our client but right now i got the problem there is no option to verify the account. so how will i used my TC trust center certificate to verify the account.

Thank you

Nokia Developer Champion

The only option left to know as how the account now be verified & apps can again to signed is to inquire at symbian.signed@nokia.com which you have done already.Probably if you do not receive any response from them within 2-3 working days then drop a reminder mail.

okay vineet thanks a lot, i will wait the response from symbain.signed@nokia.com.

Thank you

Nokia Developer Moderator

(Minor remark: hopefully you wrote to symbian.signed - in #7 it ended up as symbain.signed)