Discussion Board

RWsSession and EventReady

Hello,

I have followed the steps written in the SDK documentation in order to get events from the Window Server using the EventReady function:

First I create a RWsSession object and connect to it, then from inside a CActive object I call EventReady, and wait for RunL to be called... never does. I know it´s not a problem with the CActive object's code, because I have used them many times...

Why isn't the Window Server calling me?

Thanks in advance,

Eduard

I haven't yet received a reply for this question, but I have been thinking about something... what if I have a thread in a loop that called CEikonEnv::LastEvent ()... would those be the same events I would get by EventReady from RWsSession?

Thanks,

Eduard

Having the same problem...have spent a lot of
    time with that and no solution

Re: RWsSession and EventReady

Hello. You call function RWsSession::EnableFocusChangeEvents() or RWsSession::EnableGroupChangeEvents() etc before use EventReady?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Note that this thread has started more than 7 years ago, and the last post was added more than 5 years ago. The users may have a subscription to this thread, but otherwise they will unlikely drop by accidentally.

Sorry, I have not looked at the date of message

Nokia Developer Moderator

No problem. Just I really did not understand if your post was a question or an answer. If it was a question, and you have problems with using RWsSession, you can find some examples in the Wiki (part of 'Community' in the top-right region). Searching for eventready gives some articles, which probably discuss the direct usage of this class (from GUI-less code for example).