Discussion Board

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cool Help me integrate pushnotifications into my Qt and Qml based app. I tried example

Please help me integrate pushnoitifications into Qml based app.

I have followed the notifications qml example for.

Please suggest e the best approach to achive my targets.

I want the users who install my App get regular push notifications automatically.

Re: Help me integrate pushnotifications into my Qt and Qml based app. I tried examp

Then you could use qml notification API.

Re: Help me integrate pushnotifications into my Qt and Qml based app. I tried examp

Can you be little brief on that babylon because . I have flowing doubts on it.

After Registering my service I receieved new Service ID, Service Secret, and Application ID .

Then I have clicked "Create your service and application"

Then I saw the window saying" Add notifications to your service" and I clicked "I just want to start coding now

Then I saw the page about Example applications

1)This page provides example service applications that use the Notifications REST API to send notifications to client applications. Example applications are provided for the following languages:

Java
    Python
    Perl

These example service applications can be used as examples to write your own services.

Which should I chose now from the above why not symbian and qt are not present in the above Examples?

I never use qml notification API but i think the most important is you got all the require ID.As for example,you can find project example here.The reason nokia not providing example for you when registering is could be nokia try to "forget" its past ?
    Last edited by babylongreece; 2013-07-15 at 13:30.

which one have you used ?

which is the best one.

Anything specific for symbian apps ? How to understand the implementation of integratins in "surveilance camera " example

Quote Originally Posted by GTO_India View Post
    which one have you used ?

which is the best one.

Anything specific for symbian apps ? How to understand the implementation of integratins in "surveilance camera " example
    "Surveillance camera" is symbian specific as it is qt/qml based app.If you look in NotificationAPI project,there is more info on how to intergrate it in your app.What you mean by "which is the best one"?.

Following the link
    https://projects.developer.nokia.com...ationsapi/wiki

Iam at step 3 Installed the notificationexample . Registered my service by changing the application_id and service_id in notificationexample.cpp

Iam working on sandbox environment . My application is now online .I clicked send NID it says
    "To send Notification Id to developer you must request your own application service Id from: https://projects.forum.nokia.com/rap...egisterservice. "

what to do now ?

I want to receive noifications i.e my application has to receive notifications.

I have built a qt /Qml based application.

Hi babylongreece Can you please explain the step by step process on integration of notifications in my qml app.

I have run the and installed the notificationexample and notificationqmlexample on my Nokia C7 both are working fine.

Iam able to register my application my application /service , my application is also going online .

When I click send NID

It says" To send Notification Id to developer console, "
    "you must request your own application and service id from: "
    "https://projects.forum.nokia.com/notificationsapi/wiki/registerservice"

Nokia Developer Moderator

Hi babylongreece Can you please explain the step by step process on integration of notifications in my qml app.

I have run the and installed the notificationexample and notificationqmlexample on my Nokia C7 both are working fine.

Iam able to register my application my application /service , my application is also going online .

When I click send NID

It says" To send Notification Id to developer console, "
    "you must request your own application and service id from: "
    "https://projects.forum.nokia.com/notificationsapi/wiki/registerservice"
    I have not done this myself, but just saw the link that you provide in the last line, have you atleast tried that link? It shows me pretty good step-by-step method. What more do you expect to be guided to? If you dont understand something specific, you can ask specific queries, rather than ask for your whole thing to be done by somebody else.

Hi Neil No I have gone through that link

https://projects.forum.nokia.com/not...egisterservice.

The thing is I have already registered my service and I have recieved Service ID, Service Secret, and Application ID for them.

I have changed the default application_id and service_id i.e example.com and com.example in notificationexample.cpp of the Qt application notificationexample with my application_id and service_id and built ,installed the app on my device .

Quote Originally Posted by Symbian_Neil View Post
    I have not done this myself, but just saw the link that you provide in the last line, have you atleast tried that link? It shows me pretty good step-by-step method. What more do you expect to be guided to? If you dont understand something specific, you can ask specific queries, rather than ask for your whole thing to be done by somebody else.
    Be cool Symbian_Neil

Basically you need to import ovi notification in your project.Import "com.nokia.OviNotifications 1.x" in your project then only you can only use qml ovi notification.You cannot expect the example project work out of the box in your app.
    Last edited by babylongreece; 2013-07-17 at 15:03.

Thanks baylon iam waiting for your reply. till now no body has handled my paid technical support request also

Now please guide me "How to import ovi notification in my project.

I have to tell you that I have already changed the app_id and service_id

I have already posted my queries in paid technical syupport request at "https://forumnokia.secure.force.com/DefaultCaseView?id=5002000000WfQEM"
    Last edited by GTO_India; 2013-07-18 at 09:15.

Iam sending the screenshot of my services registered please folllow and guide me accordingly

Query Notifications.jpg

From the screenshot

what and where is my account id and notification id what do you mean by payload ?

when/whom does this require ?

Now please guide me "How to import ovi notification in my project.
    Do you even have basic knowledge about how qml works.If you don't know what import mean in qml then it is very difficult to help you.I even already mention how to import ovi notification in my previous post.

I have to tell you that I have already changed the app_id and service_id
    These are some sort of identification for your app and to be use to communicate with the server.I can't help you in this and about "payload" since i never use Notification so not even sure how it works.

Sorry to say that I have never used import concept in my developing carreer in Qt

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast