Discussion Board

Create an array of QGeoPositionInfo elements

Hi,

I am developing a special GPS tracking app for which I need to create an array of tagged points (QGeoPositionInfo type). How can I create an array which I can access by the index (of the tag)? I know how to do it for numbers or strings but for QGeoPositionInfo, I have no idea.

Can you please advise?

Thank you.

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Create an array of QGeoPositionInfo elements

You can probably create array of objects(as QGeoPositionInfo type) & store those objects in a QList. Each QGeoPositionInfo would contain information like coordinates etc or whatever you want to store in a particular object.

Quote Originally Posted by vineet.jain View Post
    You can probably create array of objects(as QGeoPositionInfo type) & store those objects in a QList. Each QGeoPositionInfo would contain information like coordinates etc or whatever you want to store in a particular object.
    Thanks. The problem is I dont know how to create this array.
    Could you please paste a code example? I tried the same way I do with integers and strings but it does not work. Compiler finishes without errors but the app blocks at the point I want to fill the array.

Nokia Developer Champion

probably something like this: http://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qtlocatio...sitioninfo.cpp

I do not have Qt environment installed on my machine right now, so couldn't try & tell..

That's a good example but I think it does not fit to my requirement. What I want to do is store complete QGeoPositionInfo data into array. Example: User will tag its position over its route. These positions (tags) should be stored in an array. Later, user can pick one of these tags as a reference point. In the main window, I display the azimuth and distance from current point to this reference point. I only know how to display the azimuth and distanceTo using complete QGeoPositionInfo variable but not its attributes only. Otherwise, I know how to dig out individual attributes such as altitude, coordinates, etc.

I'm not really skilled programmer so apologies for potentially stupid question.

Thanks.