Discussion Board

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Contributor

Cool Image and name as expected not showing when a Symbian app is rebuilt, Updated again

I have rebuilt ny S60 3rd and Symbian^3 application making some changes in the code or Updating the prsent application.

Noe the app works fine as expected only but the Expected Image and application name not showing

and showing the default application icon (not the original Image i.e expected) and name as "MyView_0x2004aa1e.exe" for one app

and "MyView_0x2004aa1d.exe " for other application.

Why my application icon which is prescribed or given in the image folder i.e .svg is not showing.

Where Iam wrong ?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Image and name as expected not showing when a Symbian app is rebuilt, Updated ag

Basically, the svg is not used directly as icon. Also you MUST always remember tellw ehther this is emulator or device problem.

so make sure your SVG is in correct SVG-T format, then make the mif file from it. Then see that the mif file is correctly referenced in your application registration file. then rebuild the instalaltion file.

For emulator, just go and delete the old mif files & registration resource file from the emulator folders. Copy manually the mif file into the emulator folders, and rebuild.

With device, uninstall the old application, and reinstall the new sis file. Restart the device and see whether the icon changed.

Super Contributor

Re: Image and name as expected not showing when a Symbian app is rebuilt, Updated ag

Yucca This is device problem.

Shall I delete the Old mif files now also?

Restarted the device and checked , Image did not changed and the name too.

you should delete old mif file, also check the resource file included in the sis file, and delete the original, so then at least when you build you should get them refreshed.

Super Contributor

Ok I will update you soon.

Do You want me to remove the line ""$(EPOCROOT)Epoc32\data\z\resource\apps\MYView_newImage.mif" -"!:\resource\apps\MYView_newImage.mif"" from .pkg file also

shall I go to the path and delete the mif created already ?

Quote Originally Posted by GTO_India View Post
    Do You want me to remove the line ""$(EPOCROOT)Epoc32\data\z\resource\apps\MYView_newImage.mif" -"!:\resource\apps\MYView_newImage.mif"" from .pkg file also
    Simple logic is if you dont package the files required to put it in the device, your application wont find the file and you will get system error.

shall I go to the path and delete the mif created already ?
    The logic here is that make sure that you have a newly created file. Either you delete it or check the timestamp to see that its newly created.

Super Contributor

Yes neil and Yucca , wizard I have deleted the mif files from the path mentioned in the .pkg file.

And again rebuilt the application Iam seeing all files like .mbm, newImage.mif and newImage.bmb are created back again except the file "MyView_0x2004xxxx.mif"(AppName_0x2004xxxx.mif).

iam seeing that "AppName_0x2004xxxx.mif" is not getting created and Error showing can't find the file AppName_0x2004xxxx.mif.
    Last edited by GTO_India; 2013-07-16 at 11:50.

Make sure you have restarted the phone. It caches the icons and the cache does not refresh until the next reboot.

Super Contributor

Yes Wizard I have restarted it , cleared the cache too still image not showing as well as app name.

Iam still waiting.

If the application does not appear at all, you must have changed something else besides the icon.

Super Contributor

No application is showing but without my image and application name.

Super Contributor

Yes Yucca I have deleted the mif files from the path mentioned in the .pkg file.

And again rebuilt the application Iam seeing all files like .mbm, newImage.mif and newImage.bmb are created back again except the file "MyView_0x2004xxxx.mif"(AppName_0x2004xxxx.mif).

iam seeing that "AppName_0x2004xxxx.mif" is not getting created and Error showing can't find the file AppName_0x2004xxxx.mif.

check your ide console for any errors. Also you could use mifconv to create the mif file manually

Super Contributor

C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1_2\Epoc32\tools\makesis.exe C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1_2\epoc32\build\Symbian\Carbide\MyView_MySearch\group\_resolvedMyView.pkg C:\Symbian\Carbide\MyView_MySearch\sis\MyView.sis
    Processing C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1_2\epoc32\build\Symbian\Carbide\MyView_MySearch\group\_resolvedMyView.pkg...
    Error : Cannot find file : C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1_2\\epoc32\data\z\resource\apps\MyView_0x2004aa1e.mif

C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1_2\epoc32\build\Symbian\Carbide\MyView_MySearch\group\_resolvedMyView.pkg(49) : error: file I/O fault.
    ***Non-Zero Status: makesis.exe returned with exit value = 1

mifonv to create the mif file manually ?

C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1_2\Epoc32\tools\makesis.exe C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1_2\epoc32\build\Symbian\Carbide\MyView_MySearch\group\_resolvedMyView.pkg C:\Symbian\Carbide\MyView_MySearch\sis\MyView.sis
    Processing C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1_2\epoc32\build\Symbian\Carbide\MyView_MySearch\group\_resolvedMyView.pkg...
    Error : Cannot find file : C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1_2\\epoc32\data\z\resource\apps\MyView_0x2004aa1e.mif

C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1_2\epoc32\build\Symbian\Carbide\MyView_MySearch\group\_resolvedMyView.pkg(49) : error: file I/O fault.
    ***Non-Zero Status: makesis.exe returned with exit value = 1

mifonv to create the mif file manually ?
    In your post #7 you initially claimed that the mif was getting created hence the discussion and suggestions went on from there. And now when we see your post #14, we get to know that its really wasnt the case and I just went back to post #7 and you have edited it now. Suggestions 8 onwards now look a little misplaced for anybody who would want to refer your thread...and also this kind of untrue confirmations bitters anybody who really wants to help you. Can you please be a little more honest when claiming things in the discussion board..makes the lives of people wanting so badly to help you a little simpler.
    Last edited by Symbian_Neil; 2013-07-16 at 12:20. Reason: typo