Discussion Board

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Super Contributor

Re: Image and name as expected not showing when a Symbian app is rebuilt, Updated ag

Yes Neil Yeserday I have built a sample aplication and my given my icon and it is working fine for Nokia symbian 3 SDK .

I will just check a helloworld app for s60 3rd fp1_2 too
    Last edited by GTO_India; 2013-07-19 at 09:17.

Super Contributor

Re: Image and name as expected not showing when a Symbian app is rebuilt, Updated ag

My mif file i.e "MyView_0x2004aa1e.mif " is not getting created at data\z\resource\apps after running or building the App Why is it so?

Where as mifconv tool Iam able to create it at Epoc32\tools and hence I have changed in the .pkg file as

"$(EPOCROOT)Epoc32\tools\MyView_0x2004aa1e.mif" -"!:\resource\apps\MyView_0x2004aa1e.mif"

Nokia Developer Moderator

Post your _reg.rss file here.
    Post the LOCALISABLE_APP_INFO block here from the main .rss file.
    The .mif file is created in tools because you are running mifconv manually, there. It is probably not a problem, your .mif file is deployed correctly.

Super Contributor

Hi wizard

my _reg.rss

#include "MyView.rls"
    #include <appinfo.rh>
    #include <MyView_0x2004aa1e.rsg>

UID2 KUidAppRegistrationResourceFile
    UID3 0x2004aa1e

RESOURCE APP_REGISTRATION_INFO
    {
    app_file="MyView_0x2004aa1e";
    localisable_resource_file = STRING_myview_loc_resource_file_1;
    localisable_resource_id = R_LOCALISABLE_APP_INFO;

embeddability=KAppNotEmbeddable;
    newfile=KAppDoesNotSupportNewFile;
    }

in main.rss

RESOURCE LOCALISABLE_APP_INFO r_localisable_app_info
    {
    short_caption = qtn_app_short_caption_string;
    caption_and_icon =
    CAPTION_AND_ICON_INFO
    {
    caption = qtn_app_caption_string;

number_of_icons = 1;
    icon_file = "\\resource\\apps\\MyView_0x2004aa1e.mif";
    };
    }

block here from the main .rss file ?
    Last edited by GTO_India; 2013-07-24 at 09:10.

Super Contributor

why .mif is not created at ""$(EPOCROOT)epoc32\data\z\resource\apps\" then ?

Super Contributor

Hi wizard_ hu Iam waiting for the reply from you

In theory it looks fine. A thing you may want to check is copying the .mif and the original .svg file somewhere on the mass storage drive, and try opening them with the built-in file browser.

Quote Originally Posted by GTO_India View Post
    why .mif is not created at ""$(EPOCROOT)epoc32\data\z\resource\apps\" then ?
    mifconv creates the icons file where you say it to create. If not path information is specified, it creates the .mif into the current folder.
    If you check the icon_aif.mk and similar files of the example applications, you will see that it is explicitly written there that the icon file should go to $(EPOCROOT)epoc32\data\z\resource\apps\, these things do not happen automatically.

Super Contributor

buit-in file browser? Any way i will see
    Last edited by GTO_India; 2013-07-26 at 13:13.

buit-in file browser?
    Yes, there is a builtin file browser, check your phone for details!! You also have options of browsing using the 3rd party file browsers too. Jukka has one whichh has been popular for ages now.

Super Contributor

Hi Neil and Wizard Now after changing my workspace three thinga are getting created when I run or Build the application.

Those are

MyView_0x2004aa1d.mif of my App Icon

MYView_newImage.mif of my App screenshot

MYView_newImage.mbm of my App screenshot

Even though all are crated at C:\Nokia\devices\Nokia_Symbian3_SDK_v1.0\epoc32\data\z\resource\apps

My App Icon is not showing I doubt whether t is due to my sbs problem

I have also asked the query related to sbs (The Symbian Build System (sbs) cannot be found on the PATH. Carbide needs a valid SBS installation on the PATH to use the SBSv2 builder i.e Raptor/SBSv2 minimum version supported in carbide c++ is 2.15.0 .Your sbs version is 0.0.0.Please update your sbs installation and ReScan from the Build Configuration Filtering Prference page..)

at

http://developer.nokia.com/Community...376#post924376

Even though all are crated at C:\Nokia\devices\Nokia_Symbian3_SDK_v1.0\epoc32\data\z\resource\apps

My App Icon is not showing
    Thats probably because you may not be thinking of changing back the paths in the pkg file.

I doubt whether t is due to my sbs problem
    Can you kindly explain what logical conclusion makes you think this, especially whe you claim that the app icons are created where its supposed to be.

Hi Neil and Wizard
    You would get many people to help you if you dont call out to specific persons help
    Last edited by Symbian_Neil; 2013-08-19 at 10:51. Reason: typo

Super Contributor

what do you mean by

changing back the paths in the pkg file ?

Ok can someone kindly answer the query related to sbs also

My .pkg files look like this

; Seven files to install
    ;
    "$(EPOCROOT)\Epoc32\release\$(PLATFORM)\$(TARGET)\MyView_0x2004aa1d.exe" -"!:\sys\bin\MyView_0x2004aa1d.exe"

"$(EPOCROOT)\epoc32\data\Z\resource\apps\MyView_0x2004aa1d.rsc" -"!:\resource\apps\MyView_0x2004aa1d.rsc"

"$(EPOCROOT)\epoc32\data\z\resource\apps\MyView_0x2004aa1d.mif" -"!:\resource\apps\MyView_0x2004aa1d.mif"

"$(EPOCROOT)\epoc32\data\Z\private\10003a3f\apps\MyView_reg.rsc" -"!:\private\10003a3f\import\apps\MyView_reg.rsc"

"$(EPOCROOT)epoc32\data\z\resource\apps\MyView_mbm.mbm" -"!:\resource\apps\MyView_mbm.mbm"

"$(EPOCROOT)Epoc32\data\z\resource\apps\MYView_newImage.mif" -"!:\resource\apps\MYView_newImage.mif"

"$(EPOCROOT)Epoc32\data\z\resource\apps\MYView_newImage.mbm" -"!:\resource\apps\MYView_newImage.mbm"
    Last edited by GTO_India; 2013-08-19 at 13:41.

Did you restart your device?

Well actually there are a number of suggestions already in this same thread itself (and a few of your other older threads on the same issue), instead of repeating, can you try all the suggestions in the previous posts of the thread where in post #31 you say that it worked.

Super Contributor

Yes I have restarted the device twice.