Discussion Board

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Super Contributor

Re: Image and name as expected not showing when a Symbian app is rebuilt, Updated ag

Ok neil I got you but I have observed it later.

Super Contributor

Re: Image and name as expected not showing when a Symbian app is rebuilt, Updated ag

yucca followoing is the attempt to create mif manually in comand prompt

C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1_2\Epoc32\tools>mifconv MyView_0x2004aa1e.mif qgn_men_MyView.svg
    MifConv version 1.11 build (39).
    Checking: qgn_menu_MyView.svg
    Choosing...
    Loading mif icons...
    Loading file: qgn_menu_MyView.svg
    Writing mif: MyView_0x2004aa1e.mif

But no MyView_0x2004aa1e.mif file got created i n the path specified.
    Last edited by GTO_India; 2013-07-16 at 13:09.

Nokia Developer Moderator

looks good, though there appears to be different names used, assuming that its your own writing mistake. Anyway, the file is written to the location where you are executing the command, so hoping you are checking that location.

Super Contributor

MIF tool

step-1: copy your application .svg in this folder \epoc32\tools
    (mifconv will be there)
    step-2: From your command prompt to go this directory and call
    "mifconv hello.mif hello.svg"
    Done,hello.mif will be created.use it in your .pkg file for application Icon

So

C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1_2\Epoc32\tools>mifconv MyView_0x2004aa1e.mif qgn_men_MyView.svg
    Choosing...
    Loading mif icons...

Yes Iam seeing that "MyView_0x2004aa1e.mif" got created at C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1_2\Epoc32\tools>

clear the second point From your command prompt to go this directory and call

this -> which directory and what should be the names of .mif and .svg pleas clear .

Quote Originally Posted by GTO_India View Post
    MIF tool

step-1: copy your application .svg in this folder \epoc32\tools
    (mifconv will be there)
    step-2: From your command prompt to go this directory and call
    Done,hello.mif will be created.use it in your .pkg file for application Icon

So

Choosing...
    Loading mif icons...

Yes Iam seeing that "MyView_0x2004aa1e.mif" got created at C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1_2\Epoc32\tools>

clear the second point From your command prompt to go this directory and call

this -> which directory and what should be the names of .mif and .svg pleas clear .
    If thats the path where its created, use that path and same filename in your pkg file

Edit: Also please remember that you are creating it manually, so remember that next time you change the svg file for some reason, this manual creation of the mif has to be done at the same path..alternatively, copy the file in the path that is there in pkg (this is better for maintainance)

Super Contributor

Thank You Neil I have followed you

and changed in the .pkg file as "$(EPOCROOT)\epoc32\tools\MyView_0x2004aa1e.mif" -"!:\tools\MyView_0x2004aa1e.mif"

Now the sis created and installed on the device . We shall wait the image and app name is not showing as of now. Iam restaring the device

Iam restaring the device
    It would have taken you about 60 seconds to post after restarting..and that delay would have been valid
    Anyway..moving on...

I have followed you
    Actually you have not.

and changed in the .pkg file as "$(EPOCROOT)\epoc32\tools\MyView_0x2004aa1e.mif" -"!:\tools\MyView_0x2004aa1e.mif"
    I know I am repeating this which has been said in your many other threads over these years, but I will do it again....

The pkg file is a way of telling the build process to package the files to put in the device (very rawly put)

It would have a source (where to find the file on your computer), and a destination (where to put the file on the device). The first part is the source and the second is the destination. The destination would have to be the same as the device, although a smartphone, is still dumb. It is going to look for specific files in particular directories without judging where you could have put.

Your destination should be -"!:\resource\apps\MyView_0x2004aa1e.mif"

Now I still forsee a problem (If I am not wrong). You randomly change filenames as per your whims, but you do not take care of changing it everywhere. In the past few posts you already have atleast two file names for the mif file namely MyView_0x2004aa1e.mif and MYView_newImage.mif and I have a feeling you are not going to see the results inspite of restarting the device!!

Super Contributor

I will correct the point where you have highlighted and update you again.

Super Contributor

Hi Neil I want to clear one thing about my App and Images in it.

one for Application Icon

one fro Priary screenShot or Image after clickng the App Icon.

Out of which "MYView_newImage.mif" stands for scrennshot image which has arrived from "MYView_newImage.bmp'.

And "MyView_0x2004aa1e.mif " stands for application Icon .

I think I have cleared your canfusion of why two mif file names i.e MyView_0x2004aa1e.mif and MYView_newImage.mif .

Now please guide me accordingly.

Hi Neil I want to clear one thing about my App and Images in it.

one for Application Icon

one fro Priary screenShot or Image after clickng the App Icon.

Out of which "MYView_newImage.mif" stands for scrennshot image which has arrived from "MYView_newImage.bmp'.

And "MyView_0x2004aa1e.mif " stands for application Icon .

I think I have cleared your canfusion of why two mif file names i.e MyView_0x2004aa1e.mif and MYView_newImage.mif .

Now please guide me accordingly.
    Both would need the same treatment as far as creating a mif file is concerned and also in the pkg file.

Super Contributor

So shall I use mifconv MyView_0x2004aa1e.mif MYView_newImage.mif qgn_men_MyView.svg then ?

Super Contributor

Ok Now I have typed "mifconv MyView_0x2004aa1e.mif qgn_menu_MyView.svg" and created " MyView_0x2004aa1e.mif " at Epoc32\tools.

I have typed "$(EPOCROOT)Epoc32\tools\MyView_0x2004aa1e.mif" -"!:\resource\apps\MyView_0x2004aa1e.mif" in the .pkg file

No Iam seeing the App with default icon image and name "MyView_0x2004aa1e"

But Iam seeing the screenshot clearly as expected ,but named as MyView_0x2004aa1e instead of my app name "YuppTV".

Pleas see the screenshots
    1 18072013004.jpg

2 18072013.jpg.

My appl icon will be as shown below

YuppTV256.png

Name and icon comes from the registration resources.
    One part is the _reg.rss file, and the other one is the LOCALISABLE_APP_INFO resource, usually in the main .rss file.
    It is really hard to imagine why have you changed everything (like you deleted lines from the .pkg too), just to change the icon.

If I were you, couple of things that I would do if I did not know where things were coming from: for example search MyView_0x2004aa1e in my whole project directory to see where all they were present and why they were there and compare with a simple wizard developed HelloWorld application sources and try to see what comes from where and learn from it before changing anything else, which could be a cause for disastrous damage (Changing things without understanding why it is to be changed is not really recommented)

Super Contributor

Wizard as you have said I have " app_file="MyView_0x2004aa1e" in reg.rss file as well as "MyView_0x2004aa1e.mif" in .rss file at r_localisable_app_info