Discussion Board

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Image and name as expected not showing when a Symbian app is rebuilt, Updated ag

Quote Originally Posted by GTO_India View Post
    Yes I have restarted the device twice.
    What happens in one restart, the same happens in n-number of restarts

What about other suggestions in this thread? and the other suggestions in your other older threads..have you checked with those too and still its not working?

Super Contributor

Re: Image and name as expected not showing when a Symbian app is rebuilt, Updated ag

My problem with Symbian ^3 SDK has been solved and now my images are created and the App shows the app Icon and works fine.

But there is a problem with S60 3rd edition fp1.2 i.e s60 3rd FP1_2 and the the image of App icon i.e MyView_0x2004aa1e.mif is not getting created when the App is built or Run.

why is it so ?

Check the console for any errors, usually when something goes wrong, the console does have explanation on what is happening..

Super Contributor

Then I have followed

step-1: copy your application .svg in this folder \epoc32\tools
    (mifconv will be there)
    step-2: From your command prompt to go this directory and call
    "mifconv hello.mif hello.svg"
    Done,hello.mif will be created.use it in your .pkg file for application Icon

I have copied my application's .svg in tools folder /path

typed C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1_2\Epoc32\tools>mifconv MyView_0x2004aa1e.mif qgn_menu_MyView.svg

Then MyView_0x2004aa1e.mif got created in the tools path and in .pkg file I have replaced as

"$(EPOCROOT)epoc32\tools\MyView_0x2004aa1e.mif" -"!:\resource\apps\MyView_0x2004aa1e.mif"

Now the App is Built without errors but still image /app ison is is not seen on the device.

Iam waiting after restarting the device

Quote Originally Posted by GTO_India View Post
    My problem with Symbian ^3 SDK has been solved and now my images are created and the App shows the app Icon and works fine.

But there is a problem with S60 3rd edition fp1.2 i.e s60 3rd FP1_2 and the the image of App icon i.e MyView_0x2004aa1e.mif is not getting created when the App is built or Run.

why is it so ?
    Well firstly there is no SDK called S60 3rd edition fp1.2 or 3rd FP1_2. Like mentioned to you in one of your older threads, its only S60 3rd Fp1 and that leading 2 depicts 2nd installation of the SDK. I really dont know what is happenning and only a closer look at your console could tell more. But I have a hint for you. This issue is somehow related to your SDKs first and 2nd installation mess-up (I remember you playing around with many things during the various installation phases and this just might be a side effect of tweeking without knowing what you are actually doing)

Edit: Looks like this tab was open for a long time and already some more discussions have taken place.

Like pointed out in post #50, this could be a side effect of the second installations andyou tweaking.

I would suggest you to replace epocroot with the actual path in the pkg file to point the second installations SDK path.

Alternatively you can see what EPOCROOT path is set in the carbide (and probably see if you have set the systems environment variable to point to older installation.)

You know your system much better than us, so please check these things more closely and see if its ok logically.

Super Contributor

By going thru your last comment I have checked the System Variable path in the Environment Variable settings of my system and the path is showing as

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symbian\Tools;C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\;E:\Perl\bin\;C:\site\bin;C:\bin;C:\Perl\bin\;C:\Perl\site\bin;C:\Perl\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\CSL Arm Toolchain\bin;C:\Program Files\CodeSourcery\Sourcery G++ Lite\bin;C:\Nokia\devices\Nokia_Symbian_Belle_SDK_v1.0\epoc32\tools\sbs\bin;C:\Symbian\Nokia_Symbian_Belle_SDK_v1.0\epoc32\tools\sbs\bin;;C:\Nokia\devices\Nokia_Symbian_Belle_SDK_v1.0\epoc32\tools\sbs\bin;%sbs_home%\bin;

Again when I have changed the workspace all are getting created except the .rsc file and the app icon on the device is not showing too.
    Last edited by GTO_India; 2013-08-23 at 14:27.

Super Contributor

replace epocroot with the actual path in the pkg file to point the second installations SDK path.?

What is the actual path My actual path is C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1_2\Epoc32\Data\z\resource\apps.

Actually in what cases does the .mif files are not created in the above path and why ?