Discussion Board

Post Internet Not working on Windows Phone 8 Emulator

Hi Everybody,

i am using internet on my laptop using Data Card.

i am facing this issue since past 6 months. Whenever i try to access internet through IE or Bing i am not able to connect to internet. So whatever application i develop for windows phone 8 i am not able to incorporate Functionality using Internet Service. So i have to restrict features of my application.when i make it public.
    Please help me out i don't want the end user to suffer.

I have tried searching on all forums.have tried all solutions nothing helps. This is my last hope. or i would stop developing WP8 apps and migrate back to WP7 apps.

All the forums are filled with this issue but nowhere a working solution is mentioned.

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Internet Not working on Windows Phone 8 Emulator

Hi Harneet

If you open Hyper-V Manager, select one emulator and go to networking tab (bottom of the screen) do you see you data card listed in the Adapter/Connection list? If you dont see it, you can go in Hyper V Manager to Virtual Switch Management and add a new External Virtual Switch who use your data card, delete the Windows phone emulators from Hyper V Manager and try to start again the emulator...

Please if this dont work, tell to me here and we can move forward seeing whats happening.
    Last edited by josueyeray; 2013-07-14 at 10:42.

Hi Harneet,

Just for curiosity, did emulator asked you whether to use current network settings of your machine? if not then probably your emulator is not configured properly, then just try to delete emulator image from hyper v manager, otherwise reinstall the SDK and launch emulator while doing this ensure your machine is connected to internet.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Just to clarify,

When you say

Quote Originally Posted by Harneet View Post
    Whenever i try to access internet through IE or Bing i am not able to connect to internet.
    You mean on you laptop or on your device emulator?

Do you have an Fixed IP address on your network connection on your laptop? If you do you are out of luck. The WP emulator requires you t have DHCP with auto-configuratiopn for IP and DNS.

I mean emulator.
    to be precise windows phone 8 emulator. When i run the same application in windows phone 7.1 emulator in vs express 2012... I am able to use internet capabilites of my application.