Discussion Board

QR code scanner in j2me

i used open source QR code libraryto develop an app which scans QR code, but results are not very good as many times my application fails to decode the qr. so i wanted to know whether it is possible to scan the QR code using "open source QR code library"or any other library on J2me which like Zxing on Andoid won't have to capture the image but just place it in viewfinder and app itself scans ,identifies the QR code and decodes it.

Regular Contributor

Re: QR code scanner in j2me

S40 phones in general have limited heap memory.Hence real time Image processing on a video feed is not possible.Hence the need for taking a picture and then processing it.The success of decoding the QR Code depends on the clarity,the lightning,shadows,exposure etc..The camera in s40 phones,in general, are not very powerful.Hence the photo has to be taken by the user in the best possible way in order to have a good success rate.

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: QR code scanner in j2me

Quote Originally Posted by hst@123n View Post
    so i wanted to know whether it is possible to scan the QR code using "open source QR code library"or any other library on J2me which like Zxing on Andoid won't have to capture the image but just place it in viewfinder and app itself scans ,identifies the QR code and decodes it.
    I agree with whatever arunkam has mentioned then also give a try to this https://projects.developer.nokia.com..._midlet_client if that works for you, but i still dont think autofocus will be possible here !!