Discussion Board

how to integrate S60 5th edition sdk with eclipse

I have installed sdk for s60 5th edition .so please tell me how to integrate it with eclipse.i got stuck please tell me

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: how to integrate S60 5th edition sdk with eclipse

in the Eclipse menu do the following
    window => preferences => expand "Java ME" => Device Management => click on import then choose the root folder where you installed the s60 5th edition sdk and after it scans it select all and click finish.

Re: how to integrate S60 5th edition sdk with eclipse

Shai Actually I want to tell you one thing is that I am using nokia S40 sdk2.0 and and I followed steps as you told me with S40 sdk2.0 .but when I select the s60 emulator it give an sdk exception which is http://imgur.com/DXvA5sg. Tell me what should I do

what is root folder during instalation of s60 sdk

during installation s60 sdk 5th edition there is a open a window in which select the eclipse root folder I don't know about what is root folder for eclipse .I am sending a snapshot please tell me what is the root folder.link ishttp://imgur.com/URhbM92
    help me and thanks

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: what is root folder during instalation of s60 sdk

S60 5th edition SDK has no built-in IDE. When you are planning to use it for Java development, the suggested IDE is Eclipse. If you have Eclipse installed already, the SDK can configure it (like Eclipse will know about the SDK-s existence, location, documentation).
    This step probably appears when you explicitly select something like "Eclipse integration" when configuring the SDK.

EDIT: merged the similar threads. Note that the S60 5th edition SDK is several years old, it may not be able to integrate with the IDE provided with the recent Series 40/Asha SDK-s, regardless of its Eclipse root. It is probably better to have a separate Eclipse installation, and also pay attention to its version, check the release notes file of the SDK for its compatibility with the various Eclipse generations.

Nokia Developer Champion

The eclipse root folder is the folder where you eclipse is on your pc, i cannot tell you what is your root folder since everyone has different folders (just run file search in your pc for "eclipse" and you will find the folder if you havent also changed its name).

As for the attempt to connect to the s60 5th edk emulator exception, try launching the sdk emulator as a standalone (via the start button => programs => nokia developer tools => file the correct sdk there then look for "Emulator" after it finished launching then try and connect to it via eclipse run

thanks for reply, please send me the link from where I can download the eclipse and integrate with s60 5th edition .

Nokia Developer Moderator