Discussion Board

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Launching browser with platformRequest() loads a different version of the page

Quote Originally Posted by hamishwillee View Post
    Just for my interest, does this not mean that for a reliable page you will have no choice but to use HTMLComponent and play with the user-headers until you get a decent rendering on the page?
    Yes, that seems to be the case, however, HTMLComponent has some limitations that could in some cases turn this task into a difficult one.
    -CarlosDL

Regular Contributor

Re: Launching browser with platformRequest() loads a different version of the page

Oh god, this is such a sad statement. I really cannot understand how ANYONE at Nokia had allowed to ship a product with such an behavior. Which consumer will understand that when he clicks a link in this app, his normal browser will open, but in this other app, a crappy broken browser will open, and there is no way to change this???

Seriously. The existence of the old Webkit browser on the C3-01 I could understand somehow, because the Ovi Browser was pretty new and everything, but that this thing still exists in the 309, etc. is simply sad.

Please Nokia, try to make real decisions instead of such half-baked ****. If you have something good, make a clear cut and toss out the old stuff. Instead you tried to make both work, and ruined the UX with this...

Super Contributor

Yes it is frustrating. I have passed this feedback on to the Java team.

Nokia Developer Champion

lorion84, I am more than happy the old browser is still there because I need it for WLAN captive authorisation and to install certificate authorities (for VoIP). Nevertheless, I really would love to see an Java app to open the default browser with platformrequest, in future. Well, in the new Asha Software Platform this is the case already.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishwillee View Post
    Traud do you know the author of the link: http://yiibu.com/articles/practical-...rs/page-5.html ?
    Nope, just found her by Googeling.