Discussion Board

Question mailto functionality

I have created an app on Nokia Asha 311 s40. My client has asked me to make a feedback request by platform_request(mailto:xxx);
    But I know that 'mailto' functionality is not supported on Nokia Asha 311.. and I have tried, it doesn't works..
    But to assure this to my client I have to provide him with some valid reference. I need a proof URL or something.
    Kindly reply me a valid statement/reference somewhere or proof URL for this.

Secondly, on emulator it opens up MMS, but on phone I dont even see the MMS window.. Why?

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: mailto functionality

AFAIK mailto used to work with JavaME devices, but i have not tested this on any asha devices , if thats the case than i think you should search the documentation it should be mentioned.

And if its not mentioned and if it is a bug , you should give this feedback about this.

Generally for giving feedback in most of applications i developed , i divert the user to a webpage which is designed to take feedback only.

Nokia Developer Champion

Does this link helps?
    http://developer.nokia.com/Resources...n-java-me.html

If you say it open the MMS editor on emulator then i imagine it should also work on phone, are you getting any excpetion? did you add permission in jad?

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by umairabbas View Post
    But to assure this to my client I have to provide him with some valid reference.
    If your client does not believe you, forget that client. You are the expert. Furthermore, in computer science there is no proof that this does not work. You can disassemble the whole firmware and put that feature into it. Anyway, you are asking the same question a third time. The solution is to create a HTTP POST form a webpage, the user inserts his email address. It is exactly the same way, Nokia uses for their feedback forms. By this you get an additional benefit: The email address gets optional.

Thank u