Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About New Nokia Publisher Partner programme for Themes.

Hello,
    If any of Nokia official person is here then As a Theme publisher We would like to ask a question.
    "On Which basis You have selected theme makers"
    There are many crap theme publishers are still able to publish New themes..
    As We have delivered more than 15 million free download . (you can find me as ' Narendra Themes' on Store.)
    and We are not selected.
    As far We know "Pizero Designs" have delivered more than 20 million free download.. and He is also not in the list for this Programme.

Many talented themers who really makes themes, & Users wait for their themes are not there in the list..

We have our Facebook page for support along with blog. Then which type of extra support you need for being in the Programme?

So I am here for clarification..

Thanks and my best regard.
    Narendra Themes Team
    Narendra Kumar

Re: About New Nokia Publisher Partner programme for Themes.

I'm thinking about same thing from 1 july.How Nokia don't select people like Pizero?!How can nokia select "developers" who can't work with photoshop.I`m from Teri Themes and im also not selected.
    http://store.ovi.com/publisher/Teri%20Themes

Nokia so called Quality Theme Publishing is only some sort of eyewash or complete lie.

For years some people published crap and totally bad quality themes on store. so after we heard nokia programme for quality theme making we hope that those people would not be able to publish such items any more.

But the reverse thing just happened. All the crappy theme makers got selected, i think none of them left. very very few jenuine and good theme maker were selected on the programme. Rest dedicated and quality theme makers was unselected for the programme.

So i like to know how, and why these bad quality theme makers were selected and the good ones left behind???
    This is the first page of Recent featured themes, see how the craps are!!!! And how these got featured too is a big question???

We want a full response from nokia team, for all this incident.

Or all the effort to make nokia handsets look better just gone into vein
    my store link http://store.ovi.com/publisher/mkraj25

unbelievable decision Nokia!totally disagree with decision! y don't Nokia look at theme reviews and select developers?

Сompare the two themes:Evo [1B] by Invaser vs Spring Forever

by apPleBOY
    Nokia Publisher Partner (!!!)

Tested on Nokia Asha 311

So what are the criteria selected the Nokia partner?!!
    Last edited by invaser rus; 2013-07-22 at 20:01.

You guys are bang on, these themes are total shite, I think they are only allowing proffesional companies instead of much better standalone developers.

I'm a App dev not a theme dev but I really do feel for you guys, It's only a matter of time before Nokia stop Symbian and Meego Apps.

Anyway, we at Symbian-Developers have opened a project called Theme Box, it's like a little store for free themes.
    Currently only Symbian ones are there but I am putting plans in place to allow S40 themes, feel free to join us, it won't cost you guys a penny..

You can register very easily here: http://themebox.symbian-developers.net/register/

It's a very new startup so it make take half a day to approve your account and theme post.
    Check out my Symbian, Series 40 Apps on Nokia store !
    http://store.ovi.com/publisher/Allstar%20Software/

I made few but quality Symbian themes (no false preview),tested with real devices and RDA but I am not eligible to publish themes anymore. Most of quality theme makers are not selected. Nokia selects only bulk and crap theme makers. I think Nokia should review once again.
    My store link:
    http://store.ovi.com/publisher/Saby

Recent so called quality themes from store, some selected theme maker even can make s60 themes which can run on s40 ??? wtf !!!! and the crap is still coming all the way everyday????
    Is there any nokia official available here who can clarify This??

mkraj25 you are posting this screenshot and are asking about quality of these themes have you first tried these themes on any s40 device do try them and you will come to know the quality of these themes.
    And for your information themes that are in that screenshot are about 2 years old.
    And you are posting that I make themes Only for money € then you are wrong.
    Here is my nokia store stats.

Published paid items: 51
    Published free items: 527
    Free downloads: 80611715

nkjakson Themes

what is this "some
    selected theme maker even
    can make s60 themes which
    can run on s40 ??? wtf !!!!"
    really don't u know that u can upload multiple files under 1 content that publisher has uploaded themes for s60 & s40 under 1 content thats why his themes r shown in s40 section of nokia store

This thread is supposed to be trying to get an answer from Nokia, not bikering between yourselves.
    Check out my Symbian, Series 40 Apps on Nokia store !
    http://store.ovi.com/publisher/Allstar%20Software/

Quote Originally Posted by nkjakson View Post
    mkraj25 you are posting this screenshot and are asking about quality of these themes have you first tried these themes on any s40 device do try them and you will come to know the quality of these themes.
    hello nkjakson Glad that you asked about your themes quality, Here i tested one of your themes on my nokia c3, see the screenshots which are directly taken from my nokia c3.
    http://store.ovi.com/content/258549
    http://imageshack.com/a/img571/1/aam.png
    Putting a wallpaper and some icons, then pack a theme is not a quality theme.

You do bulk themes which can not be good quality. I know you, and thats why i do not try to offend you much, else there will be tons of these examples of your themes published on store.

themes that are in that screenshot are about 2 years old.
    And you are posting that I make themes Only for money € then you are wrong.
    Here is my nokia store stats.
    These are on new themes section, why still people upload the faulty themes now. and you are not making money for themes thats really good thought. any way i dnt want to battle with you. we want some clarification why nokia left the good ones????

really don't u know that u can upload multiple files under 1 content that publisher has uploaded themes for s60 & s40 under 1 content thats why his themes r shown in s40 section of nokia store
    people who are doing multiple items are not also good quality either. after applying the theme which are supported on many platform will cause the phone slow and it all did. and many themes element will be also missing. see the photo below.
    Themes screenshots prove that these are not real theme for c3, Yet these made compatible for C3 ????!!!

These are some of mine Themes made for specific Nokia devices, and i do not make wrong compatibility of my themes.
    These themes were for nokia 240*320 res phones

And these are Themes for nokia s40 qwerty Phones like c3, x2-01 which are specific

Themes we do test directly on phones, take screenshots from phone, not by RDA. thats why we buy nokia phones to test. Thats the thing all good theme makers did and they are now out of the program led by nokia. all crap makers take screenshots from carbide.
    btw, i am not here to advertise my themes, i am here to ask nokia what were the basis they choose ????
    Last edited by mkraj25; 2013-07-25 at 16:52.

Hello everybody, this is Pizero. I decided to reply to this thread as I were mentioned more than once in it.
    As some of you might know, I only commented the decision of Nokia of not including me in the new theme publishing program on Twitter once.

I can confirm that I was not selected despite the following:

- I was invited to join Ovi Store before its opening in 2009
    - I am Premium Publisher ( I can publish wallpapers, ringtones, and more content that regular publishers can't)
    - I have more than 20 million free downloads
    - I have sold more than 150K premium themes on Nokia Store only
    - I have a limited liability company.
    - I created some official Nokia and N-gage themes.
    - I created official themes for the most important brands in the world, world famous pop singers, symbian foundation, for tv shows, for gaming houses, sports apparel, sunglasses, and so on. I can't tell the names, but if you see a theme on Nokia Store by a famous brand, 90% of chanses is that I made it.
    - I alerted some of my Nokia contacts in Italy, UK, US. They were all great partners and super kind, but nobody succeeded in giving me a reason for the exclusion. Seems everybody is now focused in Wp and nobody still works at the Nokia Store.

Happily my revenue no more depends on themes only. Now have a startup developing apps and mobile games for iOS, Android and WP, but this means that I could possibly have no more time to publish Nokia themes on my website.

This is really sad, because I really had fun creating themes. Nokia and symbian will remain my favourite platform ever and my "first love". I will probably go elsewhere. If it's true that I have some talent, I may have chanses in other places. Let's see

I'm considering of publishing a farewell theme on my website. It will be hard to decide which will be the one, as I have around 50 draft themes to complete on my computer.

Thank you Nokia for such a great opportunity over the years.

Michele

Pizero Design

I guess nokia staff's ignored this post :/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast