Discussion Board

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Nokia Publisher Partner Program

Hello.After 1 july only selected by Nokia theme developer can upload themes in Ovi Store but i noticed that one of most famous theme developers IND190 can upload themes again!!!Why Nokia make exception for this developer?Is this fair?

Re: Nokia Publisher Partner Program

I am theme publisher, and I think that this move from Nokia is pure discrimination. We all paid to become Nokia publishers and we all have to have same rights. It should be everybody or nobody!

They can not make desicion without any rules. That is so wrong!

How they can say which theme is good enough? All themes that passed QA are good because they passed quality test according to Nokia. Why Nokia even published themes that are bad if they have so strict rules?

I have paid to become publisher because of themes, and in terms of agreement Nokia nowhere said that discouting something does not mean the same for all developers!

Dear Publishers,

This is valuable information that you are giving to us. We are checking the quality of published themes. Theme program membership can be also removed. This can happen if the quality of themes stays continuously low even after the first warning.
    On the other hand Nokia can add new members into the program. Quality is a key thing there as well.

See our earlier info-package about theme publishing:
    Dear Theme Publishers,
    With Nokia’s family of Asha and Lumia devices gaining momentum, we have reviewed all developer partner programs at Nokia. Our aim is to ensure sufficient investment and support is being provided to help developers and publishers leverage the growing business opportunity in the Series 40 and Windows Phone platforms. To ensure the highest quality Theme content, we are implementing a Publisher Partner Program from 1st July 2013. Candidates for inclusion in this program are chosen by Nokia and have already been notified. After 1st July only these select partners can publish new Theme content to Nokia Store.
    We regret any inconvenience these changes to our content programs may cause and we welcome developers and publishers to work with Nokia to take advantage of the growing opportunity represented by the Series 40 and Windows Phone platforms.

Best regards,
    Nokia Developer Experience

Themes FAQs:
    Is the move to a Publisher Partner Program a sign of a bigger ramp down?
    It is the result of an ongoing review or our current programs designed to ensure the best personalization content reaches partners. We have not announced any further changes to our programs.
    What will happen to existing content?
    All existing content will continue to be available for download and developers and publishers will continue to receive download and revenue reports as well as payouts for downloads.
    Who qualifies for Publisher Partner Program for Themes?
    Access to this program will be selective and based on the discretion of Nokia. The goal of program is to ensure wide selection of good quality personalization content for consumers.
    If I am not selected to the Publisher Partner Program, can I update my Themes content in Nokia Publish after 1st July 2013?
    No. You cannot make any changes to your current content submission. You are welcome to unpublish your content from Nokia Store.

Regular Contributor

Reading reply seems to confirm that nokia is trying to shut out symbian even when it is still viable.That is why even lousy theme maker is selected while great legend like pizero is left out cause most great theme maker only focus on symbian only.

Quality is a key thing there as well.
    To ensure the highest quality Theme content
    *Removed*

With Nokia’s family of Asha and Lumia devices gaining momentum
    Come on,even nokia quarterly report show that asha device sales is dropping while lumia total sales still can't even match n8 alone sales if remember correctly 20m.

We regret any inconvenience these changes to our content programs may cause .
    Nokia "regret",HA

we welcome developers and publishers to work with Nokia to take advantage of the growing opportunity represented by the Series 40 and Windows Phone platforms
    A asha line with sales is declining and not even a smartphone and with lumia that can't even support theme.What is nokia thinking.
    Last edited by babylongreece; 2013-08-22 at 11:45.

What the reply confirms is that Nokia "are checking the quality of published themes and that program members who do not meet quality standards will be removed if quality doesn't improve after first warning".

Babylongreece, your post (#19) contravenes the Community Standards and Participation Guidelines. Healthy discussion is encouraged, but ranting and insulting other users (as per "Hypocrite") is not appropriate.

Regular Contributor

Re: About New Nokia Publisher Partner programme for Themes.

I am sorry for the violation as my emotion overwhelm me during writing the reply.Post will be edit accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by babylongreece View Post
    I am sorry for the violation as my emotion overwhelm me during writing the reply.Post will be edit accordingly.
    Thank you.

I think that best thing is every candidate developer to pay 25$ for registration.