Discussion Board

Nokia Asha 203 restarts after some time of using my application - how to find a cause

I have a relatively simple j2me application which works fine on one other Nokia model, but for Nokia Asha 203 it makes the phone restart somehow, after a couple of minutes.

Do you have any idea how to check what was a cause of restart ? any log file on device ?
    Any other ideas that might help ?

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Nokia Asha 203 restarts after some time of using my application - how to find a c

a little detail about what your app does may be helpful here !!

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Nokia Asha 203 restarts after some time of using my application - how to find a c

Quote Originally Posted by misiek197911 View Post
    I have a relatively simple j2me application which works fine on one other Nokia model, but for Nokia Asha 203 it makes the phone restart somehow, after a couple of minutes.

Do you have any idea how to check what was a cause of restart ? any log file on device ?
    Any other ideas that might help ?
    This restart may due to out of memory - check the heap memory utilization app on emulator and see if its growing with the time if you play with the app.... then its the point to be checked.
    Heap size on Asha 203 is just 2MB
    https://developer.nokia.com/Devices/...ions/Asha_203/
    thanks,
    ~Amitabh
    (Champion of the Month -Aug'13)
    Follow me on my blog for Innovative Mobile Apps

About the App: there are around 20 classes which present either lists or text box; all presented lists are based on static Strings. User enters several parameters (or chooses from Lists) and that's more or less it; entered parameters are sent over SMS.

The point is application works perfectly on many other Nokia models - no problems at all! There certainly is some bug in Asha 203 JVM, but I cannot find a workaround if I don't find the cause for restart.

If it is memory problem, then there is a leak in JVM, cause I don't get OutOfMemoryException (I also show freeMemory in modified app, and it never goes below 1.6Mb)