Discussion Board

API for accessing full resolution image captured with ProShot?

When a 1020 is used to capture a shot, the "super pixel" oversampled version is saved to the Camera Roll and I can access that later through a PhotoChooserTask. My understanding is that the full resolution 38 megapixel image is stored somewhere private on the device.

I haven't been able to find any API anywhere in Nokia.Graphics.Imaging or Nokia.InteropServices that can access the full resolution images on the device. Have I overlooked something?

Are there any plans to allow us to either enumerate the high quality shots or access it perhaps by passing an identifier from the Camera Roll image, or even a Nokia PhotoChooserTask that would do that?

I would very much like to be able to access the byte stream for the original high resolution pictures captured.

Thanks!

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: API for accessing full resolution image captured with ProShot?

MichaelW, your application can capture high resolution images on the Lumia 1020, but won't be able to access the high resolution images captured by the built-in camera application. Checkout this webinar for the dirty details!

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mansewiz View Post
    MichaelW, your application can capture high resolution images on the Lumia 1020, but won't be able to access the high resolution images captured by the built-in camera application. Checkout this webinar for the dirty details!
    Will this be something to be changed in the future? I can see how this can become confusing for users being able to edit the full rez image on one app but not on the other.

Nokia Developer Champion

I don't really understand this policy. Why other application will be affected by HighRes image file??

Actually, when you decode a jpg with WP api, you don't have a full high res image. WP API make a downsampling with high image.